Many fast food restaurants offer deals exclusively through their apps. This article is going to look at some major restaurants that feature deals via their apps.
I’ve downloaded all of the restaurant apps listed below and have confirmed that the offers are valid as of January 2022. That said, many fast food deals last for just a limited time, so make sure you check the app’s current promotions before you order.
Money expert Clark Howard is a big fan of fast food apps, which he uses to take advantage of the deals.
“I have the Whataburger, Chick-fil-A, Del Taco, In-and-Out, Krispy Kreme, McDonald’s, and Shake Shack apps on my phone,” he says. “The Chick-fil-A app is one of my favorite food apps because I can choose to pick up my order and skip the lines.”
Fast Food Restaurants With App Loyalty Programs
Best Fast Food Deals via App
Now let’s take a deeper look at some of the deals you can get with these fast-food restaurant apps.
Inside the Burger King app (Android | iOS), there are plenty of deals to choose from. Here are some of the best ones available for new users:
- $2 Whopper Wednesdays when ordering via app or bk.com (through January 2022)
- Free upsize for small or medium fries, drink, hash browns or coffee (limited to one per day)
When you sign up for the free Chick-fil-A One membership program, you can earn points from every purchase you make. Those points translate into perks, discounts and freebies you can earn and track inside the Chick-fil-A app (Android | iOS).
There are four tiers of the loyalty program, with rewards increasing at each new level. Here are the points you earn with each membership:
- Chick-fil-A One Member: $1 = 10 points
- Chick-fil-A One Silver Member (1,000 points in a year): $1 = 11 points
- Chick-fil-A One Red Member (4,000 points in a year): $1 = 12 points
- Chick-fil-A One Signature Member (10,000 points in a year): $1 = 13 points
The Domino’s Pizza app (Android | iOS) features ways for you to earn points through its Piece of the Pie rewards program. For example, one order will earn you 10 points. Once you earn 60 points, you get a free pizza.
The app also has location-specific deals once you select a Domino’s near you. Here are some of the deals that came up for me:
- Any large specialty pizza for $12.99
- Any five-topping large, medium or gluten-free pizza for $10.99 (carryout only)
- Two or more large two-topping pizzas for $11.99 each
In the Dunkin’ Donuts app (Android | iOS), once you sign up for the DD Perks loyalty program, you earn five points for every $1 spent. You get a free drink with every 200 points you earn.
Once you enable your location, the app shows you nearby deals. The deals I found below are valid only through February 1, 2022:
- Get a free beverage with an order of Omelet Bites.
- Earn two points on plant-based lattes.
- Earn four points on all other hot and iced drinks.
Get deals in the Jimmy John’s app (Android | iOS) when you sign up for the restaurant’s Freaky Fast Rewards program. After you make your first order in the app, you earn a free sandwich.
As a Freaky Fast Rewards member, you’ll also get the first look at new promotions and a treat on your birthday. Here are more restaurants that reward you for your birthday.
The McDonald’s app (Android | iOS) shows you daily deals depending on the day of the week. When I opened the app, it featured the following deals:
- Free large fries when you download the app
- Free breakfast biscuit with minimum purchase of $1 (excludes tax)
- Buy one breakfast sandwich, get one free
The Popeyes app (Android | iOS) offers points that can turn into discounts on your purchase. You can also earn 50 bonus points on all combo meals ordered in the app or via the website.
Here are some top deals:
- 10 points for every $1 you spend online or in the app
- Free regular side, small drink or apple pie when you sign up for the Popeyes Rewards program
- 100 bonus points on all family meals purchased via app or online
In the Sonic app (Android | iOS), you can get a deal anytime you open the app. Sonic offers half-off drinks and Slushies all day when you order in the app.
The deal includes all soft drinks, iced teas, lemonades and limeades. The Sonic Garlic Butter Bacon Burger is also available for half price in the app.
Steak ‘n Shake
The Steak ‘n Shake app (Android | iOS) allows you to earn points to get $5 in rewards for every $50 you spend, which you can apply toward future orders.
You can earn points not only through purchases but also by sharing a code to invite your friends to join the Steak ‘n Shake rewards club.
In the Wendy’s app (Android | iOS), you can earn 10 points for every $1 you earn. Some of the top deals in the app include:
- $2 off any salad
- $3 off mobile order of $15 or more
- $2 off any Premium Combo
Because smartphones are so handy today, it should be a breeze to save money by using an app from your favorite restaurant.
Keep in mind is that deals often expire, so when you find one, make sure you take note of how long it’s valid. And remember that the apps are collecting your information when you sign up.
There are plenty of ways to save on what you eat. Here are some other apps that can lower your food bill.
What’s your favorite fast-food restaurant app? Let us know in the comments.