- Viết phương trình tiếp tuyến lớp 11 đầy đủ nhất
- Investigating Food in Film: Crabby Snacks and Homemades
- Top 10 Best British Food in Dallas, TX – September 2022 – Yelp
- DeFine and Abyss Company, a Comprehensive Entertainment Company, Signed a Partnership to Implement and Expand NFTs | NewsBTC
- Managing your Grubhub menu within the Grubhub for Restaurants platform
Best Lancaster Pennsylvania Public Golf Courses
Are you looking for the best public golf courses in Lancaster Pennsylvania? We can help! In fact, there are some fantastic Lancaster golf courses near the Historic Smithton Inn.
Lancaster County golf courses have made it on the radar of Pennsylvania golfers by hosting the 2015 US Women’s Open at the Lancaster Country Club, and being selected to host the 2024 US Women’s Open Championship too.
Whether you’re looking for a country club experience or wanting to take a lesson to improve your golf game, you’ll find the perfect golf course within 30-minutes of the Historic Smithton Inn.
Here’s our list of Best golf courses in Lancaster, PA:
Best Public Golf Course in Lancaster with Country Club Feel: Foxchase Golf Club
Foxchase Golf Club & Banquet Facility is the closest golf facility to Historic Smithton Inn, coming in within a seven-minute drive! It’s located at 300 Stevens Rd, Stevens, PA 17578. Foxchase Golf boasts a country club atmosphere on a public course, with two on-site restaurants and its own banquet hall. The Foxchase Golf course layout is beautiful. Foxchase offers very reasonably priced lessons for anyone looking to improve their game. You can book your tee time online; the twilight rate (from 5 p.m. to close) is the best deal, only $17! Play a round and then grab dinner for a wonderful evening.
Where to Eat at Foxchase Golf Course:
- The Lounge (closed for the winter season)
- Double D Grubbery CLOSED TILL MAY 2021
- The Den (Snack Bar) open daily
[RELATED: Best Lancaster PA Distilleries]
Most Scenic Public Golf Course in Lancaster PA: Galen Hall Golf Club
The par-72 layout at the Galen Hall Golf Club’s course features elevation changes, sidehills, and undulating greens. It’s known as something of a mountain course, short but challenging. You can book your tee times online, enjoy your round, and then visit any of the great restaurants. Every Wednesday night is seafood night at Galen Hall, so if you love seafood, you’ll love this eatery too. Check their events calendar for fun music performances. Galen Hall Golf Club is located at 645 N Galen Hall Rd, Wernersville, PA 19565 and just a 20-minute drive from the Historic Smithton Inn.
Where to Eat Near Galen Hall Golf Club:
- Grill House & Pub: Just off the 18th hole at the Galen Hall Golf Club, the Grill House & Pub serves classic pub favorites and is a popular gathering spot.
- Galen Hall Dining Room: This onsite restaurant overlooks the golf course at Galen Hall Golf Club and has a cozy ambiance. The menu features prime steaks, seasonal specials, and many vegetarian options.
Best Golf Surrounded by the Amish: Pilgrims Oak
Make your way to the bucolic landscape of Lancaster County for a round at Pilgrim’s Oak Golf Course. This links-style course features scenic and carefully tilled farms as neighbors, alongside an immaculate layout that will leave you wanting more! With yearly rankings from both Golf Magazine (13th best)and equally excellent 4 star ratings compiled by USGolf magazine every year; come experience this captivating course in perfect condition before it fills up fast like most other courses do during peak times.
If you need a place to practice your short game then look no further than Pilgrim’s Oak. They also have the latest equipment and apparel in their proshop. PLUS, they serve famous Chicken Salad Sandwiches too!
Where to Eat Near Pilgrim’s Oak:
- Melissa’s Country Grill is the closest restaurant to Pilgram’s Oak. They serve American comfort cuisine, made with care and a staff to make sure you’re happy. (1426 Lancaster Pike, Quarryville, PA)
- Rawlinsville Hotel Restaurant & Bar is a great choice if you’re looking for Home Cooking, nothing fancy, just made from scratch homemade food. (3 Drytown Rd, Holtwood, PA)
- Hecho a Mano Mexican Restaurant is an unexpected treat in Lancaster County where you wouldn’t necessarily expect to find authentic Mexican fare! (201 East State Street Street, Quarryville)
[RELATED: Unique Foods of Lancaster]
Best Lancaster PA Golf Course, According to Local Golfers: Overlook Golf Course
There’s always a something special at the Overlook Golf Course! This golf course in Lancaster features different specials ALL THE TIME! From a casual ladies’ night of golf to the five-hole beginner golf league, there’s always something new at Overlook. Located at 2040 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601, the course is 18-minutes from the Historic Smithton Inn. Check the events calendar for fun championships and leagues. Overlook Golf Course also offers lessons and a driving range for guests to practice their golf swings. You can also study the course by taking an online tour. Overlook Golf Course Lancaster PA has been rated the #1 golf course in Lancaster PA by local players for 12-years running!
Where to Eat Near Overlook Golf Course:
- The Sand Trap: Located next to the Overlook Golf Course Pro Shop, The Sand Trap offers soups, sandwiches and snacks, as well as alcoholic beverages, sodas, and more.
- Stoner Grille: Casual yet classy, this family-run restaurant is a local favorite (605 Granite Run Dr, Lancaster, PA 17601).
Things to Do After a Round of Golf in Lancaster County Gold Courses
After you’ve played a round of golf at any of these Pennsylvania golf courses, return to Historic Smithton Inn in Ephrata PA for a relaxing night! Our beautiful bed and breakfast is located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country and is the perfect place to stay during your Lancaster County Vacation. When you’re here, you’re one block from a hip and trendy downtown… and a few minutes’ drive to Amish countryside. In fact, Amish buggies pass by the inn several times a day.
If you’re after a quite evening, grab a glass of wine at our onsite wine bar and step outside to enjoy it in the garden, chatting on rocking chairs, or at the fire pit under a starry sky.
Next morning, enjoy our amazing complimentary breakfast. Each day, we treat our guests to a gourmet meal with scrumptious homemade muffins and breads, signature granola, and a hot entree. When we can, we use locally sourced products, like dairy from Kreider Farms or sausage from Shady Maple. We can also accommodate any special dietary needs you may have; just let us know ahead of time!
How to Reserve Your Stay in Lancater County PA
We’d love to see you! Different times of year sell out quickly. If you’re planning around a specific time frame, we encourage you to browse our selection of rooms and book your stay today!
Looking for More Information on Things to Do in Lancaster County PA?
Check out our favorite Lancaster PA Attractions to get a full list of Lancaster PA golf courses. You’ll also see our recommendations for restaurants, museums, and hiking in Lancaster County. Planning your vacation is easy with the help of our Lancaster Vacation Guidance!
You might also like to read about:
We hope you enjoyed our cheat sheet to the best public golf courses in Lancaster PA and hope to see you at the inn and on the green!