Dallas Theological Seminary is a private non-profit educational institution which was founded in 1924 and is located in Dallas, Texas. The Seminary has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to grant masters and doctoral degrees. It is also accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) in the United States and Canada.
Private Theological Institution
UG Application Portal
Mode of Programs
Full time; Online
Campus Housing Capacity
Annual Cost of Attendance
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The Seminary offers 15 masters, doctoral programs, certificate and online programs under Pastoral Ministry, Counseling, Education, Leadership, Cross-Cultural, Arts and Culture and Academic. Under the online mode two masters and 1 certificate course are offered.
- The major programs offered are:
- Foreign Languages, Literature and Linguistics
- Theology and Religious Vocation
- There are various online courses that the Seminary offers such as, Hebrews, Jonah and Ruth, The Life of Christ, Can You Trust the Bible?, etc.
- Dallas Seminary has 3 campuses – Dallas Seminary, Washington DC Seminary and Houston Seminary.
- The students who want to opt for on-campus living can choose to live in the Residence Hall available.
Dallas Theological Seminary Admissions
- Application Form: The interested applicants have to fill the application form in the online mode available on the university’s website.
- Common requirements: Transcripts (scanned copy only)
- Test Scores:
- TOEFL – iBT (86)
- IELTS – 6.5
- The application fee: 50 USD
- Additional requirements: Assessment of the references, involvement in the Christian service, proven Christian character, showcasing evidence of saving faith in the Christian Character
- Intake Deadlines: 15 May
- Note: The universities of international students from where they have done their bachelor’s have to send a copy of the transcripts in a sealed envelope to the seminary. No electronic submission will be accepted
Cost of Attendance
Tuition cost (12 credit hours)
Total cost per semester
Dallas Theological Seminary offers financial aid to its international students in the form of various scholarships and grants. The applicant can apply for a scholarship only after getting accepted by the seminary. As the scholarships and grants are limited, the students are advised to make provisions for the financial support on their own.
The scholarships offered will cover the tuition cost, books and fees. Additional scholarship is offered for covering the living expenses.
Some of the scholarships offered by the seminary are mentioned below:
- Full Ride ThM Scholarship – 100% tuition fee
- Online Student Scholarship – 1000 USD
- Part-time scholarship – 1500 USD