Restaurant Meals is a CalFresh Program that allows you to use your Golden State Advantage (EBT) card to purchase prepared meals from participating restaurants. This program is available to you, if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Elderly – age 60 years or older and his/her spouse (husband, wife, common-law husband, common-law wife)
- Disabled and his/her spouse (husband, wife, common-law husband, common-law wife) – Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits; Railroad Retirement Benefit Annuities; or Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI).
Purchasing Meals Is As Easy As 1 – 2 – 3
1. Look for participating restaurants (updated June 2022) displaying the Restaurant Meals sign (below), or ask your Eligibility Worker for a list of participating restaurants.
2. Purchase breakfast, lunch, and dinner from participating restaurants by using your Golden State Advantage (EBT) card.
3. Receive a receipt for each meal purchase to show the cost of your meal and the balance on your Golden State Advantage (EBT) CalFresh benefits account.
Look for participating restaurants displaying this sign: