The UMass Dartmouth BS in Accounting degree is fully online and prepares students for careers in public accounting, management accounting, government, and auditing.
Complete your degree at UMassD or earn all 120 credits for your degree.
UMassD is a Military Friendly School, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience. Learn more
Accounting students learn how to:
- Apply accounting concepts, standards, and regulations to prepare, audit, and analyze financial statements and tax reports
- Prepare, analyze, and communicate information for financial planning, control, investing, and decision making
- Apply concepts and methods used in internal control and the auditing process
- Use accounting systems to conduct and control operations
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
Graduates have a solid understanding of accounting principles including computer and information technology skills for a career in a variety of fields including:
- Accounting practices
- Government agencies
- General business
Learning Style: Online
Online: Courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
UMass Dartmouth Accounting degree completion program requires students to complete 120 credits, and includes hands-on work experience through internship programs.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the BS in Accounting program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Cost Accounting
- Business Finance
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Government and Non-Profit Accounting
- Financial Management of Corporations
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts as ranked by Accounting Degree Review
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
UMassD's undergraduate experiences
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills
Transferring to UMassD
Transfer your credits and complete your degree online. With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.