Arcis Golf, which operates more than 60 golf clubs in 14 states, announced Monday it’s acquired six courses in Arizona. But not just any six. The newest additions to the Arcis portfolio are Mickelson Golf Properties.
Arcis currently has six daily-fee courses and three private clubs in the Phoenix area and brings its Arizona roster to 15 with this acquisition. The sale of the Mickelson Golf Properties closed on Monday and on Tuesday, Aug. 3, Arcis will assume operations from the company owned by Phil Mickelson and his business partner, Steve Loy.
“We’re thrilled to work with Arcis Golf, and we’re entrusting them to build upon the success we’ve created so far with these properties,” Phil Mickelson said in a statement released by Arcis. “We were very impressed with the Arcis leadership team and their commitment to their members and guests, and we look forward to continuing our business relationship.”
The properties Arcis has acquired are three private clubs:
- The Stone Canyon Club in Oro Valley
- The Golf Club at Chaparral Pines in Payson
- The Rim Golf Club in Payson
And three daily fee facilities:
- McDowell Mountain Golf Club in Scottsdale
- Ocotillo Golf Club in Chandler
- Palm Valley Golf Club in Goodyear
The Stone Canyon Club in Oro Valley, just north of Tucson, was the site of TNT’s The Match III, where Mickelson teamed up with Charles Barkley to beat Peyton Manning and Steph Curry.
Photos: The Match III — Phil and Chuck vs. Steph and Peyton
“These exceptional additions to our portfolio support our strategy of owning and operating preeminent properties within each of our key hub or expansion markets,” Blake Walker, founder, and CEO of Arcis Golf, said in a statement. “We’re excited to bring our unique approach to delivering extraordinary experiences to members and guests at these great private and daily fee facilities.”
Arcis Golf already has six daily-fee courses in Arizona:
- Superstition Springs Golf Club, Mesa
- Kokopelli Golf Club, Mesa
- Raven Phoenix Golf Club, Phoenix
- Stonecreek Golf Club, Phoenix
- The Legend at Arrowhead, Glendale
- Continental Golf Club, Scottsdale
As well as three private golf courses:
- Ancala Country Club, Scottsdale
- Tatum Ranch Golf Club, Scottsdale
- Arrowhead Country Club, Glendale
Arcis, headquartered in Dallas, also owns the Cowboys Golf Club, billed as the only NFL-themed golf course in the U.S.
A closer look at Stone Canyon, site of The Match: Champions for Change