Exclusively available for Vacasa homeowners, our Assurant supplemental insurance plan is the most cost-effective way to protect yourself and your home. Assurant has you covered when mishaps strike—from guests spilling wine on your white carpet to falling on a broken stair.
How Assurant provides supplemental damage protection
Because homeowners insurance is designed for owner-occupied properties, many policies won’t cover short-term rental activity. That’s where Assurant comes in.
Assurant provides an extra layer of vacation rental damage protection, including $1 million in damage protection for your home itself (such as flooring, walls, or windows) and up to $25,000 in coverage for damage to your furnishings and valuables. It helps fill in potential gaps, giving you what you need when you need it: added protection for your home, guests, and valuables on the nights your vacation home is booked.
Under Assurant, you’ll receive:
- $1 million in liability coverage for claims of homeowner negligence, such as injuries caused by broken stairs, defective railings, or warped flooring
- $1 million of coverage for guest-caused damage to your home
- $25,000 of coverage for guest-caused damage to your personal property
- $15,000 in bedbug protection, including income replacement
- Guest-caused property damage, including vandalism, water damage due to guest negligence, and more
- Guest-caused damage to homeowner’s personal property, such as furniture, lamps, appliances, dishware, etc.
- Guest injuries due to homeowner negligence
- Damage to guest property due to homeowner negligence
- Lost income and damage caused by bedbugs
What's not protected?
- Normal wear and tear, such as faded paint or slightly worn carpet from walking
- Damage due to inclement weather
- Guest injury not resulting from homeowner negligence
- Damage or injury that occurs outside of the rental period
Tiered pricing for a tailored fit
You don’t pay a deductible, and you only pay for coverage on nights booked by guests: $7 per booked night for homes with 0–2 bedrooms, and $8.54 for homes with 3+ bedrooms.