If you are a new babysitter or looking for a way to strengthen your skills, there are basics every parent wants in a responsible babysitter. The American Red Cross Babysitter's Training course provides knowledge and skills necessary to safely and responsibly give care for infants and children.
The American Red Cross is the nation’s leader in babysitting classes and child care training – and will prepare you to become one of the most capable, trusted and in-demand sitters in your neighborhood. In fact, 8 in 10 surveyed parents said they would pay more for a trained babysitter who holds Red Cross babysitting certifications. Start your babysitting business on the right foot and learn how to be a safe, professional, and reliable sitter. You can also opt to get certified in First Aid and CPR/AED.
Students will receive:
- Certification in Babysitting
- Certification in First Aid and Child / Infant CPR (only with the First Aid and CPR )
- Socialization Skills and Peer Interaction
- Babysitter's Training Manual, CD-ROM, Quick Reference Guide
- Babysitter First Aid Portfolio
Course Schedule for 2022
There will be six courses held throughout 2022. See below for a list of session dates.
- Session One: January 15 and 16
- Session Two: February 18 and 19
- Session Three: April 23 and 24
- Session Four: June 7 and 8
- Session Five: August 4 and 5
- Session Six: November 19 and 20
Click here to register for a session online.
- Fee: $100 four the course, including First Aid and CPR. $25 for supplies.
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Instructor: Cindy McQuaid
- Location: 214 Bentwood Dr., Boerne, TX 78006
- Ages: 12 years and older