- The 7 Best Free Web Development Courses for 2022 [New]
- Top 10 Best Kenny Rogers Roasters in Los Angeles, CA – September 2022 – Yelp
- StormX – STMX là gì ? Thông tin đồng coin, tiền điện tử, chart, biểu đồ, thị trường StormX | coin24h.co
- CZN Burak reopens: What has changed since Dubai restaurant was closed for Covid-19 breaches?
- Rex Parker Does the NYT Crossword Puzzle: Waxy biochemical compound / TUE 8-30-22 / Subtle signal that might accompany a wink / Major let-downs for Rapunzel / Club-wielding bogeywoman / Beginner’s dow
Hostess Job Description Template
Hosts and hostesses are responsible for greeting your customers as they come into your restaurant. They take the customers’ reservation and put them on the restaurant waiting list as needed. The hostess also gives guests their menus and shows them to their seat.
Some hosts and hostesses also handle phone calls and customer questions about the restaurant and menu. They can also be called on to assist various restaurant staff as needed.
Hostess Job Description Template
Our restaurant is looking for a new host or hostess to join our front of house staff. We are a fast-paced and busy restaurant and are looking for qualified candidates who can meet our job requirements while maintaining a high-quality level of service for our guests at all times.
You will be asked to greet guests on their way into the restaurant, hand out menus, and show guests to the most appropriate table at their arrival. You may also be asked to handle customer phone calls and answer any questions about the restaurant and menu, including questions about dietary restrictions and accommodations.
Since you are the first person our guests will see when they come into the building, it’s important that you’ll be able to maintain a professional and cheerful demeanor on shift. You should also be able to handle several competing priorities. Our ideal candidate will also be comfortable with long periods standing and walking on shift and handling regular mealtime rushes in customer volume.
- Greeting guests as they enter
- Creating and managing guest waitlists as needed
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas
- Finding the appropriate table for each guest according to their preferences and group size
- Remembering table rotation and ensuring all servers receive the right number of guests
- Engaging with guests to ensure the quality of food and customer service
- Responding to client complaints and helping to resolve those complaints
- Answering phone calls and taking guest reservations
- Memorizing the menu and dietary options
- Helping out other staff members as needed during your shift
- Providing great customer service at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to provide top-notch customer service, even under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to cooperate with other restaurant staff
- Ability to maintain work quality while unsupervised
- Must be able to work standing for long periods of time
- Ability to safely lift and maneuver heavy trays of food when necessary
- Willing to follow instructions
- Willing to ask for clarification as needed
- Ability to handle and count money accurately
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
- Can keep up with a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Prior restaurant experience is preferred
What Does a Hostess Do?
Hosts and Hostesses are responsible for greeting customers as they enter your restaurant, taking and confirming reservations, and showing customers to the appropriate table. They manage table turnover and can also be called on to help support other staff members. They may assist with busing and serving duties.
You should add any other requirements to your host and hostess job descriptions to help customize for your restaurant. That way you’re more likely to attract the top talent your restaurant needs to provide excellent customer service.
Can I Edit Your Hostess Position Description?
Of course, you can edit our basic description. It’s important to make sure that you’re providing all of your host and hostess applicants with the exact details about the job you need them to fill. You are welcome to edit any section of our restaurant hostess description to create a job listing that’s better tailored to what you’re looking for and what your restaurant has to offer employees.
What Information Should I Include When I Post a Hostess Job?
All restaurant hostess job descriptions should give your applicants information about the qualities and qualifications you are looking for in an ideal candidate. You should also include information about the duties and responsibilities your host/hostess will take on at your restaurant.
It’s a good idea to add details about the work environment and any benefits as well, to help attract the high-quality candidates your restaurant needs.