Ballyowen is proud to be one of the only golf public courses in New Jersey to offer caddie service. Learn more below.
WHAT TYPES OF CADDIES ARE THERE AND WHAT SERVICES DO THEY PROVIDE?
A caddie is the person who carries a player's bag and clubs, and gives insightful advice and moral support. A good caddy is aware of the challenges and obstacles of the golf course being played, along with the best strategy in playing it. This includes knowing overall yardage, pin placements and club selection.
The fore-caddie will give a hole description and then walk ahead to spot the players tee shots. The caddie then gets the players yardage (either with a laser, course knowledge, or sprinkler heads) while the players drive their carts from the tee to their shots. The caddie walks ahead again to spot the golfers next shots. Forecaddie will also give putter service to the golfers. . Usually only 1 forecaddie accompanies a group, but that is not mandatory.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF A CADDIE?
Caddie: $60 per bag
Forecaddie: $30 per player
$20 Discount for players who walk and have a caddie carry their bag. Groups with a forecaddie do not receive this discount.
Caddie Single Bag: $25-$50
Caddie Double Bag: $25-$50 per bag
Forecaddie: $10-$20 per person
HOW DOES A GOLFER BENEFIT BY USING A CADDIE?
- Improves the quality of the golfer's game – letting a caddie handle the details of clubs, flagstick, divots and bunkers allows the golfer to focus and improve his or her game.
- Increases health benefits – walking is an appetite suppressant, muscle relaxant, stress reliever, cardiovascular toner, weight reducer and more.
- Increases personal satisfaction – by utilizing a caddie, you immediately put yourself in a position to strongly impact the life of a young person by taking on a mentoring role.
- Amplifies the golfing experience – having a caddie will enlighten the golfing experience.
- Speeds up pace of play – the fastest way to play is with a caddie where there is always someone to clean up after you on the tees, fairways, bunkers and greens.
WHO ARE OUR CADDIES?
WHO ARE CADDIES?
Our caddies are mostly high school aged boys and girls working at, perhaps, their first job. They live and go to school locally. Some are on local high school golf teams.