(831) 667-2225 Located at the center of Big Sur next to the United States Post Office. A family owned and operated full service deli, serving the local community with good food at affordable prices for over 25 years. Featuring made to order and specialty sandwiches, burritos, tamales, calzones, salads, baked potatoes, BBQ chicken and much more! Opens early for coffee, chorizo burritos, breakfast sandwiches, and pastries. Featuring a huge selection of micro-brews and wine as well as Big Sur souvenirs and T-Shirts. Open daily from 7:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Big Sur Lodge Restaurant Outdoor Patio, Café & Deli
(831) 667-3111 Enjoy delicious food and incredible views of majestic redwoods from the dining room windows and outdoor patio. Fireplace setting. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Groups and weddings welcome. We also offer a café and deli. Our outdoor patio has a bar and big screen television for watching sports and enjoying a micro-brew.
Big Sur River Inn
(831) 667-2700, (800) 548-3610 Breakfast, lunch & dinner are served daily by a huge stone fireplace or on a deck overlooking the Big Sur River. Live entertainment on Sunday afternoons.
HABANERO Burrito Bar at the Big Sur River Inn General Store, serving fresh burritos… made to order, daily from 7:30 AM tol 9:00 PM. Gasoline available at the Gas Station. No Diesel. High speed wireless internet access is available on the property.
Big Sur Roadhouse
(831) 667-2370 Big Sur Roadhouse features delicious California cuisine with fresh, local ingredients. In keeping with our Big Sur ethos, the seasonal menu is filled with locally sourced organic ingredients. Also, not to be missed, San Francisco designer Steve Justrich's "homegrown modernism" has transformed the Roadhouse into a truly unique and fitting environment for dining in Big Sur. Please stop by for coffee, a glass of wine, a snack or a full meal.
Big Sur Taphouse
(831) 667-2197 A family owned and operated beer and wine bar offering a wide selection of microbrews on tap and bottled beers from breweries across the country. Stop in and enjoy a light meal by the fire or catch a game on either of our two large flatscreens. The quintessential Big Sur stop with unique woodwork and a warm inviting atmosphere. The Taphouse is a great place to stop by and unwind. Come check out our pet-friendly garden patio with a beautiful view of the Santa Lucia Mountains. Free WIFI! Open daily from 12:00 P.M. – 12:00 A.M.
(831) 667-2344 Offering brunch & light lunch in an outdoor setting. Located on a terrace just below Nepenthe. Open mid-February through December, 9am-4pm weather permitting.
(831) 667-2301 Nestled amongst the natural beauty of Big Sur, COAST is a truly unique destination along Highway 1 for fine art, one-of-a-kind gifts and a picnic-inspired menu.
COAST cafe offers a picnic-inspired menu, coffee, beer and wine sourced from California Central Coast, grab n' go pastries, soft-serve ice cream and stunning ocean views from a rooftop terrace.
Deetjen's Big Sur Inn
(831) 667-2378 Fine dining in cozy, historic Big Sur. Breakfast daily from 8am – Noon and Dinner from 6 – 9pm. Reservations recommended.
Fernwood Bar & Grill
(831) 667-2129 A family friendly atmosphere and home style food. Featuring house cured and smoked meats, hand tossed pizzas and hearty soups all made from scratch. Local seafood and creative specials round out a fun and approachable menu that includes plenty of vegetarian options. Serving from 11 am to 11 pm daily in the rustic dining room or on the deck built around towering redwoods. A great selection of micro brews, reasonable prices and live music on weekend nights makes Fernwood Resort a local’s favorite. Call us for special event catering.
Gorda Springs Resort Whale Watcher Cafe
(805) 927-1590 Gorda Springs Resort – Whale Watcher Cafe. Ocean side, patio dining with a selection of imported and local wines and beers. Open seven days a week 7:30 AM – 9:00 PM. Take out available. Breathtaking ocean views. A great place to watch whales frolic in season.
Hyatt Carmel Highlands
(831) 620-1234 Two award-winning restaurants. Now one exciting one.
The new California Market at Pacific's Edge is the exciting fusion of the Hyatt Carmel Highlands' two popular and award-winning restaurants, the casual bistro California Market and the fine dining Pacific's Edge.
After the biggest renovation in the hotel's 100-year history, the California Market at Pacific's Edge is ready to welcome diners for breakfast, lunch and dinner on its expansive new 870-square-foot deck, featuring louvered roof and glass-panel walls with dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Big Sur coast.
Combining the best of both worlds, California Market is committed to fresh, organic, locally grown and raised ingredients to create food that not only fulfills our appetites but pleases our sensibilities.
Our menus are curated by Executive Chef Chad Minton and features local producers, including Bellwether Farms Creamery in Sonoma, Swank Farms in Hollister and Monterey Abalone Company in Monterey. We also follow the guidelines of the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch and serve only fresh cage- and GMO-free eggs in our dishes.
Come in and experience the new California Market at Pacific's Edge, where California casual meets fine dining in a one-of-a-kind location that will take your breath away.
(866) 424-4787 (831) 688-4884 Reservations or (831) 667-2391 Market & Gift Shop
Lucia Lodge restaurant offers spectacular deck dining, as well as a charming and historic dining room. Our coastal cuisine is recognized for the great quality and generous portions. Particularly noteworthy is our Fish & Chips which were judged as one of the Top 10 in the United States by Coastal Living Magazine. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner throughout the season. During the summer season lunch is served between 11:00 am and 4:30 pm. Dinner is served from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Continental breakfast is available to our cabin guests. Off-season hours may vary.
(831) 667-2345 One of the most picturesque dining spots in California, this restaurant overlooks 50 miles of coastline. Family owned since 1949. Open daily 11:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Home of Big Sur's only Weather-Cam. Check out the view from the back deck.
Ragged Point Inn
(805) 927-5708 Thirty cozy, romantic rooms nestled cliffside between the Pacific Ocean and Los Padres National Forest. Includes friendly staff, restaurant, gardens, gift shop, and gas. Located 15 miles north of Hearst Castle.
Ripplewood Resort Cafe
(831) 667-2242 Ripplewood Café serves local standard fare. You'll enjoy our Americanand authentic Mexican food. Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch is served inthe dining room or on our sunny garden patio, The Café is open 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. Take out available. Free Wi-Fi access.
San Simeon Beach Bar & Restaurant
(805) 927-4604 Three miles South of Hearst Castle in Southern Big Sur, since 1958. Panoramic Ocean view. Indoor & outdoor dining (pet OK), exotic decor, stage & sound system. From burgers, pizza & sandiwiches to Steak & Lobster. Cocktail lounge with crystal fireplace, pool table, TV's, live entertainment, Karaoke and open mic. Coffee Bar. Take-out, gift shop, minimarket, ATM. Free wireless Internet. Groups welcome. Next to San Simeon Lodge. For more information e-mail: email@example.com
Sierra Mar Restaurant
(831) 667-2800 Located at the renowned Post Ranch Inn, high atop the cliffs, offering breathtaking views is Sierra Mar, winner of Wine Spectator's prestigious Grand Award. Offering an unconventional fine dining experience, Executive Chef John Cox presents inquisitive food creations featuring ingredients highlighted by a sense of place and culture. Lunch, from noon to 3 p.m., offers a three-course prix fixe menu while dinner features a choice of a four-course menu that changes daily or a nine-course Taste of Big Sur tasting menu, from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Selections from the award-winning wine cellar enhance the innovative, inspired cuisine. Reservations are required for dinner.
The Grill at Treebones Resort
(805) 927-2390 Featuring coastal farm to table cuisine with organic greens harvested from resort garden. Open Daily for lunch from noon to 2:00 p.m. Dinner 6-9 pm. Sunset Sushi bar open six nights a week 5:30 – 9 pm Treebones Resort 71895 Highway #1, Big Sur, in South Big Sur. Call for reservations and further information.
Ventana Big Sur
(888) 382-4850 or (831) 667-4242 THE SUR HOUSE
The Sur House, restaurant rises high above the Pacific where the forest and sea converge. Here, Executive Chef Keith Potter crafts coastal cuisine using Pacific-sourced seafood delivered by local fishermen, free-range meats from local farmers, produce from nearby foragers and homemade accoutrements. It’s all inspired by the sustainable ingredients of California’s Central Coast and the melting pot of America’s culinary havens. The expansive terrace and bar offer incomparable views of Big Sur’s rugged topography and famed coastline.
At The Sur House, Ventana Big Sur Executive Chef Paul Corsentino crafts inventive coastal cuisine inspired by the sustainable ingredients of California's Central Coast and the melting pot of America's culinary havens. The expansive terrace and bar offer incomparable views of Big Sur's rugged topography and famed coastline.
Wondering where all these restaurants are in relationship to one another? Click Here to view a map of Big Sur.