Additional Covers from Liberty General:
When you buy car insurance, you can also opt for add-on covers based on your needs. Let’s take a look:
a) Depreciation Cover
Under this cover, you can claim the depreciation amount deducted on the value of parts. These are parts you may have replaced as a result of an admissible claim under the Own Damage Section of your policy.
Conditions Under Which You Can Claim this Cover:
You have to repair the insured vehicle at any of Liberty General’s authorised garages.
Exclusions Under this Cover:
You cannot claim repairs at any of our authorised garages.
b) Consumables Cover
It covers expenses towards “those items of specific use which at the time of loss are either consumed or rendered unfit for further consumption” arising out of damage to the vehicle insured and to its accessories.
Consumables shall mean those items which have a specific use and are useless or unfit when applied to their respective uses after a while. These items include grease, lubricants clip, air conditioner gas, bearings, engine oil, oil filter, brake oil, nut and bolt, screw, washers and other perishable parts.
Special conditions applicable:
- 1. If a claim has to become payable under this add-on, it should be permissible under the “Own Damage Section” of your 4-wheeler insurance policy.
- 2. You have to support all these relevant costs with original bills or invoices. These documents have to be only from authorised garages of Liberty General Insurance.
- 3. You have to carry out these repairs within three (3) days from the date of loss.
Exclusions Under this Cover:
- 1. Expenses under this add-on in the event of a total or constructive loss
- 2. Labour charges and service taxes of repairs of these consumables
- 3. Repairs or labour bills from local garages against insured items.
c) Gap Value Cover
Under this cover, you can claim the difference between what you receive under the ‘Own Damage Section’ and the price on your purchase invoice.
It also covers road tax and first-time registration charges if you specifically declare them and pay an additional premium.
Liberty General’s maximum liability is limited to the sum insured mentioned in the policy schedule.
Special Conditions of this benefit
- 1. The vehicle is not more than three years old on the start date of the policy.
- 2. The Total or Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or total theft of the vehicle should be admissible under the ‘Own Damage Section’ of the policy.
- 3. The insured should be the first registered owner of the vehicle.
- 4. The insured vehicle should be manufactured in India.
- 1. It covers only first-registered-owner vehicles
- 2. It does not cover imported cars.
d) Roadside Assistance Cover
If your insured vehicle breaks down, you can get roadside assistance from Liberty General Insurance. You can get in touch with a pre-approved, local mechanic or garage owner anywhere in India. We are one of the few insurance companies to have this add-on benefit. The related services under this cover include:
- 1. Assistance in relocating the broken-down vehicle to the nearest network garage
- 2. Repair services for minor breakdowns
- 3. Assistance in case you are locked out or have lost your car keys
- 4. Assistance in changing a flat tyre
- 5. Arranging emergency fuel in case the vehicle runs out of of it
- 6. Assistance in providing alternative transport to the nearest safe location for you and your passengers.
You will have to pay charges for any services which do not form part of the standard services. These additional expenses include replacement of a part, additional fuel which are beyond the allowable expenses.
Exclusions Under this Cover:
- 1. Any roadside assistance sought from a vendor unauthorised by Liberty General
- 2. Any expenses toward part replacements or fuel costs.
e) Passenger Assistance Cover
This is a comprehensive cover for the safety of people travelling with you in your car. The expenses include:
- Hospital Allowance
- Medical Expenses
- Medical Transport Assistance
Special Conditions applicable to this Medical Expenses Coverage:
Liberty General will cover medical expenses for treatment taken from only registered medical practitioners. These practitioners must have registrations from their respective medical councils.
f) Key Loss Cover
If you extra premium as mentioned in your car policy schedule, you can get this coverage subject to terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations. You can get reimbursement for these expenses:
- 1. The cost of replacing your car keys in case you have lost, broken or damaged them.
- 2. The cost of replacing keys if your vehicle is damaged during a break-in and you lose your keys. Or if the security of your car is threatened.
Special Condition for Not Using this Cover
Special Condition for Not Using this Cover: It is vital to provide a police report confirming the incident details that occurred during the mentioned policy.
g) Engine Safe Cover
You can apply for an add-on cover to pay for your engine. The cover also extends to expenses including the engine block and gearbox. You can claim for expenses to your car engine only under these conditions:
- 1. If your engine gets filled with water
- 2. If your car is leaking lubricant or oil from the engine due to accidental damages.
Special Conditions:You can claim for repairs under water ingression only after you provide sufficient evidence of the vehicle being submerged or having stopped in a waterlogged area.
The vehicle is taken to the garage within 24 hours after water levels recede in the waterlogged area. You have to inform Liberty General of reduced water levels within three days.
You must take reasonable care to avoid further damage to your car’s engine or gearbox after water ingression or leakage of lubricating oil. You must not try to crank or push-start the engine after the undercarriage is damaged or your car stops due to waterlogging.
Special Exclusions Under this Cover:Any loss or damage covered under the manufacturer’s warranty or part of manufacturer’s recall.
Any loss or damage to the engine or gearbox due to delayed intimation to Liberty General or delay in retrieving the insured vehicle from a waterlogged area.