CPR Course Outlines:
BLS: Basic Life Support, or BLS, generally refers to the type of care that first-responders, healthcare providers and public safety professionals provide.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants
Heart Saver CPR: First Aid with “Stop the Bleed” is designed to teach students how to properly perform CPR and provide first aid to someone that is injured or ill.
- Recognition of cardiac arrest and activation of the emergency response system (calling 9-1-1 in the US)
- Early CPR with an emphasis on chest compressions
- Rapid defibrillation
- Basic and advanced emergency medical services
- Advanced life support and post-cardiac arrest care
Family and Friends CPR: This Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, adult CPR with breaths, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR, and mild and severe airway blockage for adults, children, and infants. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible.
- Ideal for Community Groups
- Ideal for new parents, babysitters, etc.
- No Certificate (CPR Card) needed
Compressions Only CPR: This Course is for Bystanders who witness the sudden collapse of an adult should activate the emergency medical services (EMS) system and provide high-quality chest compressions by pushing hard and fast in the middle of the victim’s chest, with minimal interruptions.
- Group trainings (schools) and community events only
CPR Course Schedule and Matrix
Applicants must choose a scheduled time on the calendar that corresponds to the course of their choice from the activity calendar. Citizens will register and pay for the course that they wish to take through the link provided.
Schedule a Course: https://secure.rec1.com/AZ/city-kingman/catalog/index/