ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Offered on Richland Campus in conjunction with the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA)
Degree Code: AS.UTA.ELEC.ENGR.11
This is an "Articulated" degree with the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA).
Students who complete this degree with a GPA of 2.50 with no grade below that of "C" and who meet all admissions requirements at University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) will be accepted into UTA's Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering program. Students should follow this plan only if they wish to transfer to UTA in Electrical Engineering. Students wishing to transfer to another university should not assume this entire plan will transfer.
In order to be eligible to receive this A.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, a student must:
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours indicated in this plan;
- Earn a grade of "C" or better in English 1301 and the selected college-level mathematics course;
- Note that a course cannot be transferred to UTA with a grade lower than "C";
- Receive a GPA (2) of at least 2.00 ("C")
[NOTE: UTA guarantees admission with a 2.50 GPA with no grade below a "C" provided the student has met other admissions requirements];
- Meet all Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements and course prerequisites; and
- Complete at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction by Dallas College.
This degree does not include all Core course requirements.
Students who plan to transfer must work closely with an advisor/counselor.
This page includes Coordinating Board (CB) Codes.