With the introduction of Royal Caribbean International’s mega ship Wonder of the Seas came the debut of a brand-new specialty restaurant for the line: The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar.
The venue serves both brunch (select days from 10 am to 2 pm) and dinner from 5:30 to 9 pm.
Here is the full dinner menu, which has a flat fee of $40 per adult and $11 for kids ages 6 to 12. If you’re looking for the brunch menu, head over here.
The Mason Jar on Deck 15 Aft (Photo courtesy of Royal Caribbean)
- Pimento Cheese: A creamy spread of sharp cheddar cheese sassed up with jalapeño and pimento peppers, served with saltines
- Blueberry Johnnycakes: Savory cornmeal flapjacks slathered with BBQ pulled pork, crispy chicken skin, and cool coleslaw
- Lobster n’ Crawfish Gumbo: Thick-cut lobster, juicy pork sausage, okra, holy trinity and bold Cajun spices simmered slow like they do on the Bayou, served over white rice
- Crab Beignets: Snow crab fritters dusted with Old Bay, and creamy lump crab dip on the side
- Smoky Deviled Eggs: With pickles and peppers, crispy capers, fried chicken skin, dusted with paprika
- Caesar Salad: Romaine lettuce, aged Parmesan cheese, pork belly, Creole-spiced cornbread croutons, and creamy Caesar dressing
- Fried Green Tomatoes: Thick-cut and cornmeal-crusted with sweet bacon jam and spicy remoulade for dipping
- Charred Watermelon Salad: With ripe beefsteak tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, and a sherry-mustard vinaigrette, topped with crumbled feta, crispy chicken skin, and torn mint
- Shrimp n’ Grits: Cajun-rubbed tiger shrimp over stone-ground yellow grits folded with smoky cheddar, topped with crispy bacon and chives
- Blackened Cajun Catfish: Cajun-coated freshwater catfish grilled hot, served over grits and succotash
- Chicken Pot Pie: Flaky, buttery crust stuffed with a creamy filling of shredded chicken, hearty potatoes, carrots, and sweet peas (a vegetarian option is also available)
- Classic Po’Boy: Shrimp or oysters deep-fried until golden and served on a French roll with lettuce, tomato, and spicy remoulade, served with fries
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Buttermilk-brined and deep-fried until golden, served on Cajun-buttered brioche with lettuce, tomato, spicy remoulade, and crinkle-cut pickles, served with fries (the chicken can be regular or Nashville hot)
- The Southern Burger: Quarter pound Angus patty stacked high with sharp cheddar, crispy bacon, chicken skins, BBQ sauce, and remoulade on a toasted brioche bun, served with fries
Meat n’ Two Fixin’s
Choose a meat and two sides, served with The Mason Jar’s signature BBQ sauce and pickled veggies.
Meats: St. Louis-Style Ribs, Beef Brisket, Meemaw’s Fried Chicken (regular or Nashville hot)
Sides: Coleslaw, sweet potato fries, Cajun fries, mashed potatoes, mac n’ cheese, collard greens
- Cherry Pie: Sweet and tart cherries in a flaky, buttery crust served à la mode
- Warm Bread Puddin’: Buttery croissants and raisin bread soaking up a rich vanilla-bourbon custard, topped with creamy vanilla drizzle
- Chocolate Pecan Pie: A bourbon-chocolate and caramelized pecan filling, a buttery crush, and crumbled toffee bar
- Twice-Fried Oreos: Funnel cake battered, deep-fried and sizzling hot, dusted with powdered sugar — plus a bourbon sauce for dipping
- Gone Bananas: Layers of roasted bananas, vanilla pudding, and graham cracker crumble topped with whipped cream, toffee, chocolate and caramel sauces
- Ice Cream: Georgia Peach, Maple-candied Bacon, Bourbon Butter Pecan, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry
Starters: Sweet jarred peaches with cottage cheese, crunchy crudités with ranch for dipping, and a buttered biscuit
- Fried Chicken Tenders: Paired with buttery mashed potatoes and coleslaw
- Chicken or Vegetable Pot Pie: Flaky, buttery crust stuffed with a creamy filling of shredded chicken, hearty potatoes, carrots, and sweet peas
- Lil’ Southern Burger: Angus patty stacked high with sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, BBQ sauce, and remoulade on a toasted brioche bun, served with regular or sweet potato fries
- Mac n’ Cheese: Rich and creamy to just hit the spot!
Alcoholic – $13 each
- All Shook-Up: Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey and Blue Chair Banana Cream Rum, topped with whipped cream, brown sugar, and caramelized bananas
- Floatin’ on Sunshine: Absolut Vanilia Vodka, vanilla ice cream, and orange soda
- Riverboat Float: Absolut Vanilia Vodka, Kahlúa, and Abita Root Beer with vanilla ice cream
- Moo Hoo Chocolate Float: Vanilla ice cream topped with Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout
Non-Alcoholic – $11 each
- Root Beer Float
- Creamsicle Float
- Coke Float
- Shakes: Chocolate, Strawberry, or Vanilla
Note: All meals come with buttermilk biscuits and jalapeño cornbread, served with Cajun and whipped honey butter.
On some nights, The Mason Jar is open late from 9:30 pm to 1 am. During this time, the venue offers a la carte bites for $3 to $9 each.
READ NEXT: Wonder Of The Seas Dining Guide: Which Restaurants Are Complimentary?