- 19 Most Spectacular Golf Courses in the World (2022 Guide) – Trips To Discover
- WazirX (WRX) Price, Chart, Value & Market Cap | CoinCodex
- Fort Myers Italian Food Restaurants: 10Best Restaurant Reviews
- All our free courses – OpenLearn – Open University
- A new Peoria restaurant will feature gourmet hot dogs, plus added ‘ghost kitchen’ choices
Electronic Arts, Inc. (EA), American developer and manufacturer of electronic games for personal computers (PCs) and video game consoles. Established in 1982 by William M. (“Trip”) Hawkins, Electronic Arts (EA) has a product line that includes the popular franchises The Sims, Command & Conquer, Battlefield, Mass Effect, and Madden NFL. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Hawkins had been employed by Apple Inc. but left in 1982 to found Amazin’ Software, which was renamed Electronic Arts later that year. One of EA’s unique features was the amount of recognition it gave to game designers, placing their names in large type on some game covers, similar to novel or album cover designs.
EA’s titles encompass a broad range of genres and game types. EA Sports, arguably the company’s strongest division, boasts Madden NFL and FIFA. In 1997 EA acquired Maxis Software, makers of SimCity, and continued the Maxis label for several years as the developer of various sequels, including The Sims, which in the early 2000s was the best-selling PC game ever. In 2008 EA’s Maxis studios produced Spore, a game in which users create and evolve life-forms in a virtual world. Medal of Honor, Ultima Online, Rock Band, and Burnout also are part of EA’s extensive library.