Do you want to increase your confidence in listening, speaking, grammar, and writing English? Community ESL (C-ESL) offers non-credit courses:
- From beginner to advanced. Class selection is based on a placement test score.
- No residency requirement.
- Start with or without a high school diploma.
Need to change the language? Click the globe icon (next to the search button) in the upper right corner of the web site.
Community ESL (C-ESL) Fall Calendar
Sign up link: Community ESL Sign up
- Fall Term is September 7 – December 10. Sign up by August 31.
- C-ESL Online Placement Testing starts June 30. Watch for an email with a link and a test code.
- Take the Placement Test. We will send you an email on your class level.
- Watch your email. Complete a Class Sign Up by September 6.
- Pay for Classes by September 7.
- No refunds after September 12.
- C-ESL non-credit classes teach core skills in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. Core levels include: 2/3 low-beginning to high-beginning. 4/5 low-intermediate to high-intermediate. 5/6 low-advanced to high-advanced.
Students will receive detailed classroom and payment information by email the week before classes start.
- Core Levels 2-3: Mondays & Wednesdays 5:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Remote/Online
- Core Levels 2-3: Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – Noon In-Person CCD Confluence Building
- Core Level 4: Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Remote/Online
- Core Level 4: Tuesday & Thursdays 10:30 a.m. – Noon In-Person CCD Confluence Building
- Intermediate Intensive Reading and Writing Saturdays 9 a.m. – Noon CCD Confluence Building
- Core Level 5: Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Remote/Online
- Core Level 5: Monday & Wednesdays 9:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m. Remote/Online
- Intermediate Intensive Reading and Writing Saturdays – 9 a.m. – Noon In-Person CCD Confluence Building
- Core Level 6: Monday & Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. In-Person CCD Confluence Building
- Advanced Intensive Reading & Writing 9:00 a.m. – Noon Saturdays In-Person CCD Confluence Building
- Advanced Intensive Listening & Speaking 1 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturdays In-Person CCD Conluence Building
- ESL Lab (Advanced level 6+): Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Remote/Online (tenative, depends on enrollment)
Location: Community College of Denver Auraria Campus: Cherry Creek Building 1111 West Colfax 80204 or Confluence Building 800 Curtis Street 80204 (Room numbers vary).
Length: 12 weeks.
Cost: $260.00 for 12 weeks.
Scholarship (Free) Community-ESL classes (Fall 2022)
You will need to be a Colorado resident to receive a scholarship. Classes fill up, so sign up early.
Complete the Community ESL Sign up (select Scholarship under Payment). We will email information on a Placement Test. Take the Placement Test to determine your level.
In September, your instructor will send an email on the class details.
Class orientation: Sept 7 (Monday/Wednesday class) and Sept 8 (Tuesday/Thursday class). Students complete a questionaire during the orientation (required for a scholarship).
Class: Week of September 12 – December 7 (12 weeks)
- Level 2-3 In-Person: Monday & Wednesday 9 – 11:00 a.m. Location: DHA Community Connections (1089 Osage Street).
- Level 4-5 In-Person: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 – 11:00 a.m. Location: DHA Community Connections (1089 Osage Street).
- Level 5-6 Remote/Online: Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Your instructor will send you the link to join the class online.
- Level 0-1 In-Person: Fridays 10 – 11 a.m. Denver Housing Authority (DHA) Sun Valley (13th & Holden).
Locations: DHA Community Connections (10th & Osage) or DHA Sun Valley (13th & Holden).
Length: 12 weeks – offered in the Fall or Spring.
Cost: Free to qualified applicants.
ESL for Nurse Aide
Interested in a career as a Nurse Aide? This program will help you study English to succeed in your Nurse Aide courses. Advanced English language students (Level 5-6) qualify for the ESL for Nurse Aide program.
Step 1: Sign up for ESL for Nurse Aide and we will email you placement test information. When your placement test score indicates that you are a high intermediate to advanced English language learner (levels 5-6), you can start the program.
Step 2: Complete two semesters of ESL for Nurse Aide classes. Apply to the college's Nurse Aide program.
Step 3: Complete one semester of Nurse Aide classes (5 credits) to earn a certificate in Nurse Aide. An ESL lab is provided to support your learning. Prepare for a certification exam and start your career!
Location: ESL for Nurse Aide courses are currently offered online/remote with an instructor. The semester of Nurse Aide classes are currently offered at Community College of Denver's Lowry location.
Length: One year (3 semesters).
Cost: ESL for Nurse Aide courses cost $260.00 per class. The entire program costs $3,200-$3,600*
*Costs are approximate based on 2022 rates including C-ESL courses (5) + tuition for Nurse Aide courses (based on resident tuition rate) + materials, fees, exam, and background check.
ESL for Manufacturing
Interested in a career in welding, machining or Computer-Aided Design (CAD)? This program will help you study English to succeed in your courses. Advanced English language students (Level 5-6) qualify for the ESL for Manufacturing program. Apprenticeships and employment assistance are available.
Location: ESL for Manufacturing courses are currently offered online/remote with an instructor. Welding and machining courses are offered in person.
Length: One year (3 semesters).
Cost: ESL for Manufacturing courses cost $260.00 per class. Total costs vary, depending on the certificate selected.
Visit www.CCD.edu/ESL or call us at 303.352.3150 or email E SL@ccd.edu