Learn the principles of skin care that prepare you for a career as a licensed esthetician or skin care specialist in this growing industry.
What will I learn?
Prepare for your career as a skin care specialist. When you’re selected into JCCC’s Esthetics program, you’ll be trained to exceed expectations and deliver top-notch skin care services to your clients. The hands-on classroom and salon clinic experience will prepare you for industry success as a licensed esthetician.
Learn how to determine the client’s skin type and perform a skin analysis. Identify and treat a variety of skin issues. Receive instruction in facial massage, cleansing and exfoliation. Study makeup application, light therapy and hair removal methods, including laser.
Build the technical and soft skills you need to successfully pass your Kansas State Board of Cosmetology Esthetician License exam.
- Small class sizes, with a maximum of 14 students.
- Flexible options, with both part- and full-time programs.
- Instructors are licensed practitioners and highly trained in the latest techniques.
- Valuable real-world experience at JCCC’s full-service salon.
- Program internationally recognized by Pivot Point, a leader in beauty education curriculum.
Our commitment to your success:
- 2022: The application period has closed for Fall 2022
- 2023: The Full Time Esthetics program starts in August
- 2024: The Part Time Esthetics program starts in January
The Full Time Esthetics program start in August
- Program consists of eight courses, providing 1,000 contact hours of theory and skill development, meeting requirements for both Kansas and Missouri licenses.
- Get career advice, support to overcome test anxiety, and help writing an effective résumé through our student resources.
- Serving others is part of our philosophy; every April the salon is exclusively open to the Down Syndrome Guild and offers free hair, skin and nail services for prom.
On average, JCCC is half the price of other metro cosmetology schools.
Learn more about the Esthetics program at our information sessions.