- LA Sheriff has opened up CCW issuance to qualified residents
- Go to https://lasd.org/ccw/ for LA Sheriff or Policy 207 for Torrance PD
- Complete Application Form Sections 1-8, INCLUDING SECTION 7
- Sign Pages 3, 8, and 11 (Torrance, do not sign the form)
- Send to LA Sheriff's Department, Hall of Justice, or Torrance PD
- Include $30 application fee ($20 Torrance)
- Get interviewed, get fingerprinted
- Take training course: Shoot Safe Learning – Defensive Handgun
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2022
The LASD will only accept first-time CCW applications from those who reside within our contract cities or unincorporated communities and encourage applicants residing in a municipality other than those served by the LASD to contact their local police chief and apply for a CCW license.
All first-time CCW applications submitted, received, or postmarked before the indicated date; the LASD will accept and continue to process.