Study.com has engaging online history courses in US history, world history, western civilization, and more! Our self-paced video lessons can help you study for exams, earn college credit, or boost your performance in history classes. Choose a course and prepare to improve your knowledge!
How It Works
- Choose a history course: Choose from among U.S. history, western civilization and world history courses covering the American Civil War, pre- and post-War Europe, international conflicts and more.
- Watch fun video lessons: Our instructors bring history to life over the course of several illustrated video lessons that last about ten minutes each.
- Take practice quizzes and exams: Need help remembering the outcomes of significant historical events? Each course includes lesson and chapter quizzes designed to help cement historical events in your memory.
- Get help from our experienced history instructors: Ask questions about any history topic you come across while taking our courses.
Who Are Our Courses For?
- Middle and high school students who want to earn better grades
- High school students preparing for AP tests, exit exams or SAT subject tests
- College students on tight budgets who are in need of flexible learning options
- Adult students who want to learn more about history
- Parents looking for resources to help teach home-schooled students
Why Our Courses Work
- Study at your own pace: Whether you're studying a historical period that interests you or putting in some extra time to learn about an era you're unfamiliar with, you can spend as much time with a lesson or chapter as you want.
- Access course content anywhere: Watch video lessons at home or anywhere you take your smartphone, tablet or laptop, and learn history online at your convenience.
- Keep learning: One subscription lets you access all of the history courses included in our extensive video library.