The Carlsbad City Library now offers access to streaming videos from The Great Courses. You can watch educational videos on subjects like sustainable living, mindfulness and cooking. Content in this collection is always available on demand and there are no checkout limits. You can find Great Courses in the College & eLearning, or Streaming sections of our eResources page.
Pick an access method:
Computer or web browser
Libby app on a device
- Go to https://libbyapp.com/library/serra
- On the right, choose a library location: Carlsbad City Library. Then sign in with your library card number. Carlsbad is part of the Serra Cooperative Library System.
- Open your Libby app. If necessary, sign in with your Carlsbad City Library card. Carlsbad is part of the Serra Cooperative Library System.
- Go to the Library homepage by clicking on the library card icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Scroll down (or look lower on the screen, if you’re using a large screen) through sections such as Available Now, Kids, Teens, etc. Click on the one labeled “Extras.”
- Click on the Great Courses tile and follow the steps to check out a 7-day pass for the Great Courses. When you see an option to “Continue to the Great Courses Library Collection,” click on that to be forwarded to the Great Courses website.
- During the week your pass is active, you can access the Great Courses through your Shelf in the Libby app or web app.
- When your pass expires, just check out another one to continue watching.
Prior to May 20, 2021, the access path to Great Courses was through RBDigital’s app and website.
We are hoping this will change, but as of May 20, 2021, this particular collection of Great Courses videos is not visible on the main Serra Digital Download Library website, but has its own special page here. We do have Great Courses audiobooks available through the Serra Digital Download Library in the regular online collection.
6/8/21 known issue: In some courses, “watch first lecture” shortcut doesn’t play. Please instead choose the first course lecture from the complete course listing, which is a bit further down on the course page.