Prepare for or advance your career as an HVAC technician or in the building and construction
industry with a certificate from Montgomery College. You'll gain the skills and knowledge
you need to succeed through a combination of hands-on, practical instruction and academic
Classes taken toward this certificate may also be applied to the building trades technology
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member with various construction trades and personnel.
- Describe effectively the construction process as it applies to residential buildings.
- Apply practical construction skills in HVAC.
- Communicate written, verbal, and visual information as it relates to the HVAC trade.
Program Advising Guide
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the
Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance
and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing,
setting up a College Central Network (CCN)
account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors
and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and
then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible
framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training,
or learn something new.