Medi-Cal is a no-cost or low-cost health coverage program. It provides health, dental and vision* coverage to qualified low-income California residents.
Who Can Apply for Medi-Cal and Join IEHP?
People who live in our service area (Riverside and San Bernardino counties)
Adults with or without children, children, seniors, and people with a disability
People who meet income guidelines and other program requirements
Undocumented adults ages 50+
How Much Will I Pay?
Adults pay no monthly premium for Medi-Cal coverage. Children with Medi-Cal coverage under the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) will have a low monthly premium.
What Care Will I Get with Medi-Cal Through IEHP?
Your plan coverage includes:
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services*
- Emergency services
- Transgender services*
- Hospice and palliative care*
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices*
- Laboratory and radiology services, such as X-rays*
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Sensitive services
- Substance use disorder treatment services
- Pediatric services
- Vision services*
- Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT)
- Non-medical transportation (NMT)
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS)
- Telehealth services
Some of the services listed are covered only if IEHP or your IPA approves first. Covered services that may need an approval from IEHP or your IPA or medical group first are marked by an asterisk (*).
How do I apply for Medi-Cal:
Call the IEHP Enrollment Advisors at (866) 294-4347, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. TTY users should call (800) 720-4347.
You may also call Health Care Options at 1-800-430-4263 or visit www.healthcareoptions.dhcs.ca.gov. TTY users should call 1-800-430-7077.
Important Reading for IEHP Medi-Cal Members
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files.
Download a free copy by clicking
Adobe Acrobat Reader.