This Massage Certification is designed for anyone who is passionate about massage and wants to start a career as a massage therapist. The course provides insight into all aspects of massage, ensuring you get a complete overview that you can use to potentially secure a position within the massage industry.
Introduction to Massage Certification
This certification comprises of nineteen modules. Each module is brimming with valuable information, techniques, advice and more to help you achieve success as a massage therapist. The modules include the convenience of video tutorials, providing you with advice and assistance when it comes to various techniques.
The complete course takes around twenty hours to complete. This can be studied in your own time, at your own pace and wherever you feel most comfortable. You can access your course modules on any device, whether it's a desktop computer on your desk at home, your tablet or your mobile phone.
During your studies, you will have access to an online tutor who is always on hand to assist you as you may need.
Further good news regarding the International Massage Certification is that it is open to anyone, there are no entry requirements.
What you Will Learn
During this course, you will learn everything you need to know when starting a career as a massage therapist. On completion, you will be awarded a certificate as proof that you have the knowledge and insight you need to secure a position within the massage industry.
- Get an understanding about massage therapy, its history, how it is used, and the physical and psychological effects massage can have on the body.
- Understand the human body from the skeleton to the central nervous system. Knowing the body's anatomy can help you become a successful therapist in the future.
- Learn about massage equipment from how to use massage tables to the various types of oil you can use.
- Understand why listening skills are so important to your success as a massage therapist.
- Get an understanding of the different massage techniques you can use. Also, learn more about alternative therapies and reflexology.
- Use the video guides to determine how to use your new-found techniques to assist your clients.
- Learn how to perform Indian head massages, facial massages, pregnancy massages.
- Identify the correct techniques you should be using for each part of the body.
- Know what should always be discussed with your client at initial consultations to ensure you know what services they need.
- A guide to medical massage, understand how to provide massage for special groups and how massage can be beneficial when it comes to certain illnesses.
- Identify what techniques you should be using when you massage a baby and how this can be beneficial to both the mother and the baby.
- Learn more about aromatherapy and how you can use this in conjunction with massage. Learn about the different oils and what they are used for. You will also gain valuable insight into why oils are so important in aromatherapy.
Benefits of the Massage Certification
Anyone interested in working in the field of massage therapy will benefit from completing this information-packed course, with the advantage of video tutorials to teach you essential techniques. The course is overflowing with benefits, these include:
- Get your foot in the door by having a basic knowledge and understanding of massage from day one.
- Enjoy the convenience of a certification to prove your ability to potential employers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in terms of massage therapy, what it entails and how to complete various techniques.
- Get insider advice and tips to achieve success.
- Study online in the convenience of your own home and at your own pace. Study on any device.
- Enjoy the convenience of ongoing support and guidance throughout your studies from an experienced tutor.
This course includes
24/7 Student Support
End of course certification
Lifetime access to your course
Compatible with modern devices
PLUS – Access to the exclusive New Skills Academy Study Group!