Medical assistants are trained healthcare professionals who work directly with patients and support both the physician team and the medical office team. Students in this training program will learn medical assisting skills such as:
- Taking vital signs
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Medication administration
- Clerical tasks (such as updating patient medical records and filling out insurance forms)
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required
- 9 month, part-time (20 hours/week) program offered by Maine Medical Center, Maine Medical Partners, Southern Maine Health Care, MidCoast Parkview and PenBay Medical Center in partnership with Southern Maine Community College
- Part-time paid training, eligible for part-time benefits
- Upon successful course completion, students are guaranteed an interview for full-time employment with participating locations.
- Upon graduation from the program, students are prepared to sit for the National Accreditation Examination to become a certified medical assistant (CMA or RMA).
For more information, please email us at: email@example.com