There will always be daily sandwiches, soups, and salads.
Below are some examples of our specials, but – as we rotate and experiment – the specials below might not be available on the day you visit.
We love a good sandwich. There is nothing like a nice freshly-prepared vegan sandwich to curb your hunger on a busy day. Most of our sandwiches are made with sourdough ciabatta and are served with pickled onions.
- NY bagel style cream cheese and lox: Miso umeboshi cream cheese, salt roasted beetroots and carrots, capers, nori, dill on a hoagie roll.
- Black Cat deli sandwich: Olives, onions, light mustard, cheese, and our signature seitan turkey cold cuts.
- Smokey tempeh sandwich: Slowly baked tempeh in homemade bbq sauce.
- Chickpea tuna: Crushed chickpeas, lemon juice, red pepper, spring onion
- Seitan steak: Grilled beefy seitan, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and chimichurri sauce
- Corn crusted Chickun, pesto and melted cheese: Chicken style fillet with a blend of tofu and seitan, battered and coated with corn
Other specials' examples:
- Jerk tofu stew with steamed rice
- Caribbean fishless stew with steamed rice and fried plantains
- Golden coconut, mixed veg and tofu thai curry
- Chicken pot pie
- Blue corn crusted tofu, steamed greens, mole sauce
- Lentil shepards pie
- Sweet poato, mixed vegetable tagine
- Chickpea patties, roasted red pepper sauce, steamed greens, pearl cous cous
- Seitan steaks, mustard mash, steamed greens, house gravy
- 5 spice tofu and beed mince stew, sesame rice, fried won ton pastry, Asian style slaw
- Moussaka, red lentil mince, cheese sauce
- Pasta bake
- Burrito: seitan carnitas, black rice, tomatillo salsa
(example of the soups on rotation)
- Butternut squash, sweet potato, and coconut
- Roasted red pepper and tomato
- heezy broccoli
- Rustic minestrone: butter beans, potatoes, tomatoes and elbow macaroni
- Leek and potato
- Turkish style red lentil