Development outsourcing is a way of creating a software product that includes the decision to hire a third-party software development company to complete all the necessary technical tasks of the project, while the tasks themselves can also be performed by the customer. At its core, you transfer control over the project to a more skillful agency that has the necessary experience to complete the assigned tasks.
The tasks that can be outsourced may include development:
- Mobile apps
- Desktop software
- Internal management systems (EHRs, EMRs, ERPs, CRMs)
Software development outsourcing services themselves differ in the type and options of outsourcing. If we touch on specific types, then there are only three of them:
- Onshore. This type differs in that you are looking for a contractor within your own country.
- Nearshore. The main idea of this type is to search for a software development agency in countries that are adjacent to yours.
- Offshore. The last type differs from all others in that your searches are not limited to the borders of your country. Instead, you can find a contractor anywhere in the world.
Now about the outsourcing options.
- Hiring freelancers. Quite a cheap way, but it carries a lot of risks. You will have to manage the process of hiring freelancers and developing projects yourself. In addition, you are not insured against the fact that a freelancer can disappear from the radar at one point and leave you with an unfinished project.
- Hiring a professional agency. This outsourcing option is quite expensive, but for an increased price, you get full service and project development from the concept and finishing the launch. In addition, you do not need to manage the development since the agency itself does this. Do not forget about guarantees, since first of all, it is the reputation of the agency itself. You will receive a 100% quality product, and at the same time, you can be sure that your idea or developments will not fall into the wrong hands.