PGA West TPC Stadium Course
PGA West offers 54 holes of championship public golf in the Palm Springs area. PGA West courses are surrounded by the Santa Rosa Mountains and situated in the beautiful town of La Quinta. From Hollywood’s highest profile celebrities to top named PGA Pros, many have enjoyed these courses that boast some of sports finest moments.
The TPC Stadium at PGA West is rated “Top 100 Courses in the World and the 4th toughest course in America” by Golf Magazine. The course is a total of 7,300 yards and has the highest slope and rating of all the courses at PGA West. The course plays extremely long due to the natural varied terrain of the ground and its lengthy yardage. There are tremendous undulation and mounding on the course along with many forced carries and water hazards. Those looking for a true desert experience; the course will not disappoint.
Scenic Hole Fact: Hole #17 on TPC Stadium, known as Alcatraz is one of the toughest finishing holes in the city. The tee box sits up high so you’ll feel the strong winds. The green is large; however, the lake the surrounds the green make it look tiny. Lee Trevino made his famous hole-in-one in 1987.
- Course Style: Traditional
- Designer: Pete Dye
- Number of Holes: 18
- Green Type: Bent Grass
- Fairway Type: Bermuda in the summer and Rye in the winter
- Twilight Rates: Yes
- Replay Rates: Yes
- Practice Facility: Yes
- Cart Access: 90 degrees rule or cart path only depending on the time of the year
- Club Rental: Yes, rates vary throughout the year
- Lessons: Yes, please contact the pro shop for pricing and details
- Locker Room/Shower Facilities: Yes
- Dress Code: Yes, proper golf attire, collared shirts, hemmed shorts and no denim
- Spike Policy: No metal spikes
- Shoe Rental: No
- Restaurant: Yes, Ernie’s Bar & Grill
- Bar: Yes
- Rider Fee: $25.00
- Conference & Banquet Facilities: Yes
More Photos of PGA West TPC Stadium Course