This training prepares the student to draw blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analyzing blood. A phlebotomist’s job includes maintenance of equipment used in obtaining blood specimens, the use of appropriate communication skills when working with patients, the selection of venipuncture sites, the care of blood specimens and the entry of the testing process into the computer, as well as clerical duties associated with record keeping. This course consists of theory and clinical experiences which will be available in the hospital, outpatient clinics and central processing areas.
Important!: Students will have to practice venipuncture which includes being stuck and sticking others.
For more information please contact the Customer Service Department at 336.734.7023.
To see if you qualify for a scholarship, please contact Michael Glontz at 336-757-3701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hybrid Phlebotomy Class
Students must complete a compliance package. Please contact Sherri Weddle Bowen at email@example.com to receive information about the compliance package. This compliance package is a requirement before registering for the class.
- Students will need to be able to upload the following information into the compliance package:
- Driver’s License or Picture ID
- High School Diploma or transcript showing your graduation date
- Math/Reading Placement Testing (or approved equivalent)
- CPR (American Health Association) Healthcare Provider Certification (BLS)
- Proof of the following vaccinations:
- COVID-19 Vaccination (requirement of Clinical Sites)
- MMR (two doses of each)
- Varicella (two doses)
- Hepatitis B (three doses)
- Tdap (within the past 10 years)
- Tuberculosis or TB (two-step skin test within a year of each other or blood draw)
- Influenza (between August and March)
(All prices subject to change)
- Registration: $270.00 (Campus Access, Parking and Security (CAPS) Fee included $5.00)
- ID Badge: $5.00 (You must present your registration receipt and receipt for ID payment in order to get your ID badge)
- Books (all three are required):
- McCall, Ruth and Tankersley, Phlebotomy Essentials, 7th Edition (textbook & workbook)
- McCall, Ruth and Tankersley, Phlebotomy Exam Review, 7th Edition
- Phlebotomy Policy/Skills Book, Forsyth Technical Community College
* all prices subject to change
Contact the bookstore 336-734-7100 for current textbook prices.
- CPR (American Heart Association Basic Life Support) – (approximately $53.00 plus book)
- Compliance Package ($115)
- Burgundy Scrubs and White non-porous shoes (closed toe and heel)
- National Certification Exam ($135.00)
The EWD Health Education Department can be reached at 336.734.7734.