PNC Auto Refinancing Review
PNC auto refinance is an auto loan refinance offering by PNC Bank, based in Pittsburgh, PA. Founded in 1845, PNC Bank offers auto refinance loans in 18 states (and Washington, DC).
- APRs starting at 2.89%. The starting rates for PNC Auto Refinancing are on the lower end of the spectrum.
- Vehicle types.
PNC Bank only refinances
cars and trucks.
- Lease buyouts. Offers refinancing to buyout an expensive lease or purchase a company car.
- Fair credit accepted. The credit score needed for PNC Auto Refinancing is relatively low. Borrowers with a credit score as low as 630 may qualify for PNC Auto Refinancing.
- Vehicle requirements. Vehicles must have less than 80,000 miles and a maximum age of 8 years.
- Refinancing for large loan amounts. You can refinance auto loans of up to $100,000 with PNC Auto Refinancing.
- Fast process. In some cases you can refinance your auto loan within 1 business day.
- Hard credit pull required. You can’t check your rates or see if you prequalify for PNC Auto Refinancing without a hard pull on your credit report. Most lenders give you the option of a soft pull on you credit report.
- No origination fee. PNC Auto Refinancing does not charge an origination fee for processing your loan application.
- Long loan terms. PNC Auto Refinancing offers loan terms of up to 72 months. Most auto refinancing loans have a maximum term of 60 months.
PNC auto refinance Pros & Cons
- Low APRs available to qualified borrowers.
- $0 prepayment fee.
- Loan options with $0 origination fee.
- PNC Auto Refinancing does not report to credit bureaus.
- Considers applicants with fair credit.
- Funding available within 3 business days.
- Considers older vehicles (max. 8 years)
- Only available in 18 states.
- Do not offer pre-approval with soft credit pull.
- Charges a late fee .
PNC auto refinance FAQ
How much can you borrow via PNC auto refinance?
Auto refinance loan amounts start at $5,000 and go up to $100,000.
What are the auto loan refinancing rates offered through PNC auto refinance?
PNC auto refinance offers a
car loan refinancing product
that ranges from 2.89% APR
up to 9.74% APR.
What is the maximum loan term you can get with PNC auto refinance?
PNC auto refinance offers auto refinancing with terms ranging from 12 to 72 months. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your auto refinancing loan, the more interest you will pay.
Does PNC auto refinance charge an origination fee on auto refinance loans?
No, PNC auto refinance does not charge a loan origination fee for refinancing a car loan.
A loan origination fee is what some lenders charge for processing, underwriting, and funding a loan. Typically fees range from 0.5% to 5% of the loan amount.
Does PNC auto refinance charge a late fee?
Yes, auto refinance loans via PNC auto refinance are subject to late payment penalty fees.
Does PNC auto refinance charge prepayment fees?
No, there is no prepayment penalty.
What do you need to qualify for PNC Auto Refinancing?
Applicants with a credit score
of at least 630
and up to 850
may be eligible for PNC Auto Refinancing.
The minimum age to be eligible is 18 or the state minimum, whichever is higher.
Applicants with a credit score of at least 630 and up to 850 may be eligible for PNC Auto Refinancing. The minimum age to be eligible is 18 or the state minimum, whichever is higher.
PNC Auto Refinancing does not have or does not disclose a minimum annual income eligibility requirement.
PNC Auto Refinancing only considers borrowers who are employed.
The Military Lending Act (32 C.F.R. § 232) prohibits lenders from charging service members more than 36% APR on credit extended to covered borrowers.
Active duty service members and their covered dependents are eligible to apply for a loan via PNC Auto Refinancing. Their rates fall within the limits of The Military Lending Act.
U.S. citizens are, of course, eligible for the services offered by PNC Auto Refinancing.
Permanent resident / green card holders are also eligible to apply.
To qualify, applicants may need to provide the following documentation:
- Recent pay stubs
- Proof of income
- Proof of insurance
- Driver’s license
- Proof of identity
- Proof of citizenship or residence permit
What is the maximum mileage to refinance with PNC Bank?
PNC Bank is an option for high-mileage vehicles. They will consider car loan applications for vehicles with up to 80000 miles on the odometer.
What is the maximum car age to refinance with PNC Bank?
Only vehicles that are 8 years old or less can qualify for an auto refinance.
What is the estimated funding time for a car loan refinance with PNC auto refinance?
Auto refinance loan applications are typically funded within 1 to 3 days of approval.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. Read more…
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.