- TOP 10 ICT Companies 2020 – TOP 10 VN ICT COMPANIES
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund Offers Grants for Food and Beverage Industry – Anders CPA
- Chuyển đổi Bitcoin Sang Đồng Việt Nam BTC/VND
- Công thức tính đường chéo hình hộp chữ nhật. – Hội Buôn Chuyện
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cosmos | What Is ATOM Cryptocurrency? (ATOM)
Practical Nursing Program
Applications for Fall 2022 is CLOSED. Applications for Spring 2023 are accepted June 2 – Aug. 1, 2022 for the Granite City Campus.
Students must apply and be formally accepted into the Practical Nursing program prior to enrolling in any PN courses.
Entrance into the Practical Nursing program is highly competitive.
Requirements to apply:
– Online application is available in your eSTORM Student Center
– Online Application Procedures
1. Log in to eSTORM
2. Go to your Student Center
3. Scroll down to Health Sciences
4. Select “program” under Program Application
5. Complete the application and submit
– Download the Practical Nursing Application Planning Guide.
Practical Nursing At A Glance
- Starting Salary: $47,000
- Level of Patient Contact: High
- Length of Program: One-year certificate
- Program Location: Granite City Campus (Spring Semester) and East St. Louis Community Center (Fall Semester)
- Program Starts: Spring Semester (January) and Fall Semester (August)
- Gain practical experience at local hospitals
Practical Nursing Program
The SWIC Licensed Practical Nursing program prepares students with the basic skills necessary to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
LPNs are on the front line of nursing, interacting with patients on a daily basis in settings including hospitals, long-term care settings, doctors’ offices, outpatient clinics or even home health. They work under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician and sometimes oversee certified nurse assistants.
LPN’s provide basic bedside care for the sick, injured and convalescent. They also perform tasks such as administer injections, record vital signs, collect samples, perform diagnostic tests, dress wounds, administer medication and report status of the patient.
Fall Semester: East St. Louis Community Center – 24
Spring Semester: Sam Wolf Granite City Campus – 35
The Practical Nursing Education program consists of PN-prefix courses and assigned clinical experience. Specific locations depend on the course.
Practical Nursing Courses
The PN courses are offered on campus during the day of the semesters indicated.
Clinical Education Experiences
Clinical experiences may be scheduled during the day, evening and/or weekends at hospitals/clinics located throughout Southern Illinois and in the St. Louis region. Students may be required to travel outside the college district for clinical experience courses. Specific clinical placement cannot be guaranteed, and specific clinical schedules may be changed during courses.
Students should check location and schedule of classes to ensure availability and access. Students are responsible for their own transportation and attendance at any of the classes and clinicals assigned by the program.
Practical Nursing Certificate Program
For details, see the PN cost sheet.
Upon successful completion of the Practical Nursing curriculum, graduates are awarded a certificate in practical nursing and are eligible to take the computer adaptive NCLEX-PN exam. To practice as a practical nurse, graduates must pass the NCLEX-PN examination. Graduates who pass the exam may apply to become Licensed Practical Nurses. All states require licensure to practice as a practical nurse.
Graduates who successfully pass the NCLEX-PN may also opt to continue their education at institutions which offer Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) programs or RN-Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Information on ADN or RN-BSN articulation/dual enrollment is available in the Nursing Education office.
LICENSURE PASS RATE
Licensure pass rates are not yet available for this program.