Real estate classes designated and approved by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission.
Penn State Scranton offers a variety of real estate courses designed to prepare individuals for careers in the real estate field.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in exploring Real Estate as a profession
- Interested in completing the education requirements for the PA Real Estate Commission Salesperson's license examination.
- Anyone who has a personal interest in learning about Real Estate.
Required Real Estate Salesperson Pre-licensing Courses
The Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission approves the educational requirements for the salesperson's examination. Both classes do not need to be taken at the same time, however both are required to sit for the real estate salesperson exam.
RE 5016A Real Estate Fundamentals (30 hours) – $199
A foundation for the study of real estate in Pennsylvania, covering language, principles, and laws that govern the business.
This course provides the student with a basic foundation for additional study and to support the practice of real estate in Pennsylvania. The course is designed to acquaint the student with the language, principles and laws that govern the business of real estate. Emphasis is on the underlying concepts of land, property, rights in the realty and the means, methods and laws that govern the conveyance of these rights.
This class fulfills the 30 hr. requirement of instruction in the following schedule:
- Dates: September 12, 2022 – November 14, 2022
- Time: Mondays, 6 pm – 9 pm
- Location: Penn State Scranton Campus – 120 Ridgeview Drive Dunmore PA 185
REGISTER FOR REAL ESTATE FUNDAMENTALS
RE 5017A Real Estate Practice (45 hours) – $299
An introduction to all facets of the real estate business, including a survey of areas of specialization with emphasis on the role of a real estate agent in residential brokerage. Examination of a real estate transaction, designed to provide a working knowledge of the forms and documents used-including the related mathematics.
This course provides the student with an introduction to all facets of the real estate business, including a survey of areas of specialization, with emphasis on the role of a real estate agent in residential brokerage. The course includes an examination of a real estate transaction, designed to provide you with a working knowledge of the forms and documents used along with related mathematics.
This class fulfills the 45 hr. requirement of instruction in the following schedule:
- Dates: Sepember 14, 2022 – December 7, 2022
- Days and Time: Wednesdays 6 pm – 9 pm September 14 – November 16, 2022 it continues on
- Mondays and Wednesdays 6 pm – 9 pm November 21, 28, 30, December 5 & 7, 2022 (no class 11/23)
- Location: Penn State Scranton Campus – 120 Ridgeview Drive Dunmore PA 18512
REGISTER FOR REAL ESTATE PRACTICE
For more information, please contact 570-963-2509
TEXTBOOK: You can purchase the textbook for Real Estate Practice online or contact the campus Bookstore at 570-963-2705.
Visit the The Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.