Michigan Licensing Requirements:
Contact Career Development to set up an interview with a Howard Hanna Sales Manager
- Call and register for Pre Licensing Classes
- Attend 40 Hours of Real Estate Pre-Licensing Classes
All new potential licensees in the state of Michigan must take, before sitting for the licensing exam, a fast-paced pre-license course that includes major subjects such as Michigan Law, Ownership, Valuation, and Brokerage. Other lessons include real-world discussions about mortgages and deeds of trust, lending laws, and other consumer-based themes.
Step 1 (Obtaining a Real Estate Salesperson License):
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Complete MREC approved pre-licensing course
Note: Online courses offered for pre-license credit must include a timing mechanism to ensure seat time; this means you will have to stay in this course for a total of 40 clock hours.
- Pass examination
- Complete Application including:
- Completed application form
- Required fee
- Broker’s signature
- Be of “good moral character”
For FAQ on Michigan Licensing Requirements