Discounts offered by Safeco
In terms of helping drivers save money, Safeco stands out for its claims-free cashback program. For every six months that you stay claims-free, Safeco will mail you a small refund: a check worth 2.5% of your insurance policy premium.
Another big perk of buying insurance from Safeco is its accident forgiveness program. If you have been a faithful Safeco customer for several years and you have not been in an at-fault accident, your first accident will be waived and will not impact your rates. However, this bonus is unavailable in some states, such as California.
Safeco also offers a low-mileage discount program. If you’re older than 25 and drive your car less than 8,000 miles each year, you could get up to 20% off your auto insurance. This could be a solid option for those who work from home or those who frequently use public transit.
With Safeco, you can also get several of the standard discounts that you would expect from a large auto insurance company:
- Bundle insurance policies with Safeco
- Maintain a clean driving record and Safeco will lower your deductible in increments, up to $500
- Take an accident prevention course (if you meet the required age that varies by state)
- Insure multiple cars with Safeco
- Make Safeco aware if your car has anti-lock brakes
- Own a home