Use the resources below to help you search for classes.
- Public Class Search – The University of Minnesota’s public class search tool.
- Schedule Builder – Use Schedule Builder to help you find and plan your class schedule for a semester.
- University of Minnesota catalogs – The University’s catalogs of programs and courses.
- Graduation planner tool – A degree-progress tool that can help you explore major/minor requirements, discover courses to take and when to take them, and make a plan to help you stay on track for graduation.
How to search for classes in MyU
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- In the My Classes sub-tab, click on the Class Search link under the Planning section.
- Enter your search criteria. You must enter your institution (campus), term, and at least two additional criteria.
- You can search for a subject by clicking the Select Subject button or entering letters in the Subject field.
- To see only classes that are open, check Show Open Classes Only.
- Enter in Additional Search Criteria for more search options.
- When you are ready, click the Search button.
- View your search results.
- Click the class number to see more details about the class (e.g., number of seats available, prerequisites, or course description).
- View the class details.
- To return to the results, click the View Search Results button. Do not click back in your browser.
- To add the class to your shopping cart, click Select Class.
- Choose your enrollment options (e.g., grading basis), and then click the Next button.
- The class is now in your shopping cart, but you are not yet registered. To register, you will need to click the Enroll tab.
- To continue searching for classes, click the New Search or Modify Search buttons. Do not click back in your browser.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.