Hitting the links is such a relaxing pastime during vacation, and the Galena golf courses do not disappoint. From nine-hole shorter games to 18-hole challenges, there’s a course for every skill level. You’ll also experience some of the most scenic vistas, not only on these courses but on your drive out. Rolling hills of green, wooded glens and the distinct rock formations of the Driftless Region are astounding.
As a guest at our Galena Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location to explore the nearby golf courses. Wake refreshed and join us for a homecooked three-course morning feast before you head out to hit the links. After your rousing game, we’ll await your return for our afternoon “happy hour” tray with treats and wine. Retreat to your elegant guest suite and sit back in the luxury of our high-end appointments and perfectly styled decor. We can’t wait to host you in Galena; book your next golf vacation to Jail Hill Inn today!
The Best Galena Golf Courses
If you’re a golf fan, you’ll love the choices of the Galena golf courses near our bed and breakfast. Most of these courses are less than 20 minutes from our Inn and set in the beautiful rolling hills of the midwest countryside.
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena Golf Courses: There are four award-winning golfing experiences at Eagle Ridge Resort, offering 63-holes in total. The General, designed by Roger Packard and US Open winner Andy North, is one of the most popular Galena golf courses. If you have time, don’t miss the North, South, and East courses as well.
- Galena Golf Club: You’ll find what used to be two distinct nine-hole courses has recently been remodeled into a rewarding 18-hole course; the designers wanted to create a short-game-focused field and a place to work on your long game.
- Apple Canyon Lake Golf Course: This nine-hole Galena golf course was completed in 1972 and is perfect for a leisurely afternoon out on the links. The wind whips over the hills of Apple Canyon Lake, creating a challenging course that will test your golf game.
- Lacoma Golf Course: About 15 minutes from our Inn, in the wooded hills of the Mississippi River Valley, you’ll find two 18-hole courses at Lacoma. Each course creates a different game style, challenging every skill level with an entertaining game.
- Woodbine Bend Championship Golf Course: For an 18-hole course packed with various open fairways and tree-lined stretches, head to this golf course near Galena. Check out the on-site restaurant for fine-dining American fare.
Relax at the Inn After enjoying a round at the Galena Golf Courses:
There’s no better place to relax after a round at the nearby Galena Golf Courses than at our Inn. We encourage all of our guests to take advantage of our outdoor seating options, either in the front by our fountain or our fully equipped back deck area with green space, flowers, and comfy patio furniture. It’s the ideal place to enjoy your afternoon wine and cheese tray—packed with housemade treats, small plates, and a bottle of red or white wine.
Elegant Lodging at our Galena Bed and Breakfast
The impeccable Suite 201 (pictured above) plays an essential part in the history of the Inn. This space used to be occupied by the sheriff and his family when the building was home to the Jail. Completely renovated but with charming architectural details still intact, this room has a 14-foot exposed curved brick ceiling, gorgeous 9-foot windows, and entirely separate seating, bedroom, and bathroom spaces. Speaking of the bathroom, you’ll find a spa-quality two-person jetted tub and a fantastic walk-in shower.
This room is particularly perfect for anniversaries and special occasions! Book today.