Approved Course is reader-supported. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission.
Becoming a notary signing agent can help you build a new career. It can also help add to a current career. If you’re considering this career move, finding the best notary signing agent courses can help.
There are plenty of options to choose from for your notary signing agent course. Before you make the final choice, it’s a good idea to look at the best options. Here’s a list of the top options when you want to take a notary signing agent course.
Top 5 Notary Signing Agent Courses
1. Loan Signing System
Offering a notary signing agent course, Loan Signing System is known as one of the top online choices. They provide three different courses for notary signing agents. Whether you’re looking to become a casual signing agent or you’re a professional already, there’s a course for you.
Loan Signing System
Master Simple Skills that Can Make You $75 to $200 per Appointment with America's #1 Notary Public Loan Signing Agent Training Course and Certification!
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- A+ Rated by Better Business Bureau
Access Training Now!
We may earn a small commission if you use this link at no additional cost to you.
Each package is designed to cater to a different type of person. You can choose the right course for your needs from the three different packages. The course options from this top provider include:
- Fundamental 2.0 – For $197, you get the notary signing agent training and certification with all five major closing types. This package includes a video of a loan signing and all the training you need to become a notary signing agent.
- Professional 2.0 – For $297, you get everything in the fundamentals course, along with 120 days of monthly training and mentorship to grow your business, advanced training, and much more. This package even includes a live face-to-face business strategy session.
- Six-Figure 2.0 – For $497, you get everything from the professional course, along with the elite training for creating a six-figure signing agent business, direct access to the company founder for six months in an exclusive group, and so much more.
If you’re just trying to become a notary signing agent as a part of a job as a loan officer, the fundamental package might work great for you. However, if you’re looking to start your own notary signing agent business, one of the other two packages will provide the right training for you.
Pros & Cons of Loan Signing System
- Affordable with payment plans offered on all packages
- Provides excellent career advice for those looking to find a job as a notary signing agent
- Top two packages offer great training for running your own business
- Gain direct assistance from the instructor of the course with the right package
- Might be a bit more expensive than other options on the list
- Top tier package will take longer to complete than a basic course
There are plenty of excellent benefits to choosing one of the Loan Signing System courses. This top notary signing agent course is known as one of the best online today.
2. Notary of America
Offering a wide variety of resources for notaries, Notary of America is another top choice for your notary signing agent course. This option offers training, along with supplies for notaries. They are a part of a national governing body, which means you can trust their training.
The cost with Notary of America is $99 or less. This will provide the training you need to become a notary signing agent. You get an all-in-one package with everything you will need to become a notary in your state.
Pros & Cons of Notary of America
- A very quick and easy option to become a notary
- One of the most affordable options on the list
- Provides specialized supplies for notaries, as well
- Very limited with options only found in some states
- No advanced training for those trying to run a notary business
Notary of America is a good choice if the training is available in your state. However, if you want advanced training or business training, this is not the right option for you.
Another good option offering state-specific training, Notary.net has been in business for more than 15 years. They provide online courses for different states. If you need state-specific notary signing agent courses, this might be the right provider for you.
They offer one course in each state with video instruction, immediate access, social interaction, and more. You also get a proof of completion certificate. The course is also mobile-friendly, so you can take it anywhere, at any time.
The cost of the courses offered from Notary.net does depend on the state. However, they are often under $100 and most of the time on sale for even less. Most courses will range from about $30 to $49, with some priced higher.
Pros & Cons of Notary.net
- Very affordable option for basic notary signing courses
- State-specific training with options in 46 states
- Offers a seminar type of format
- Limited availability without courses in all 50 states
- Doesn’t offer any training for those trying to work for themselves
There are plenty of benefits to using Notary.net for your notary signing agent course. If you need state-specific training, this might be the right option for you.
A notary signing agent course with plenty of benefits is what you will find at Notaries.com. They have one of the most comprehensive options on the list and provide other options for the notary industry, too. Just like notaries.net. this is state-specific training with options for new notaries and renewing your notary certification.
They offer a complete notary package for each state with a cost that includes all the fees you need to pay. If you want help with the entire application process, they walk you through it, too. The cost is usually under $100, depending on the state.
Pros & Cons of Notaries.com
- A checklist offered to help you get your notary stamp
- Provides free documents and resources for notaries
- Not available in all states
This is one of the best notary signing agent courses with affordable pricing and state-specific training. However, it’s not available in all states.
5. National Notary
The notary signing agent course from the National Notary Association offers a leading choice. If you’re looking for one of the best notary signing agent courses, this one might be the best choice for you.
You can choose from three different packages to fit your specific state. The packages include:
- Basic Notary – Get the right bond in your state, an official notary seal, and a subscription to a hotline with live experts for around $130, depending on your state.
- Standard Notary – Includes everything in the basic package, along with a basic journal with a privacy guard and one year of E&O Insurance for around $170, depending on your state.
- Complete Notary – Get everything in the standard package, along with a notary primer and eight years of E&O insurance for around $280, depending on your state.
Once you’re certified, you will have plenty of resources at your disposal, too. This is considered a top notary signing agent course.
Pros & Cons of National Notary
- Available in all 50 states and Washington D.C.
- Provides options to buy the supplies you need as a notary
- Provides affordable pricing with three package options
- Isn’t the best option for professional support
National Notary is a good choice if you need state-specific training.
Frequently Asked Questions About Notary Signing Agents
How much can I make if I become a notary signing agent?
If you become a notary signing agent, you can make a median salary of about $39K per year, according to Salary.com. The range from this source goes from about $37K to $59K per year.
Payscale.com states that you can earn a median hourly rate of about $31 if you become a notary signing agent. The range from Payscale goes from about $15 per hour up to more than $100 per hour.
An article from NationalNotary.org talking about mobile notary signing agents states you can make more than $2K per month. Some earn as much as $7,500 per month with those offering at least three years of experience and working full-time earning around $4K per month. You can even work part-time and earn $500 to $1,000, or more, per month.
What is notary signing agent training?
A notary signing agent course will provide you with the fundamentals of loan signings. It will also help you learn how to explain the most important documents when performing a loan signing. The best training will also help you learn how to run your notary signing agent business.
How long are most notary signing agent courses?
Most courses will only take a few hours to complete. You will need to take the notary signing agent exam, however. This exam often consists of multiple-choice questions and it’s necessary to get certified.
Do I need notary signing agent training?
While it’s not mandatory to become a notary signing agent, you can gain credibility with the certification. It can help build your resume and your business if you want to become a notary signing agent and work for yourself.
If you’re looking for one of the best notary signing agent courses, choose from this list. There are options for any type of notary agent, whether you’re a loan officer or planning to start a notary business.
Covering different 'paths' that people's lives can take. Creative, foster parent, ticket dismissal, you get the idea. Exploring the requirements, certifications, exams, and obviously, approved courses along each path. I, personally, am the high school dropout son of two teacher parents. So how did I get here? That story is coming soon!