- Online Clinical Dental Assistant Training – BMCC
- Fuki Sushi Restaurant Palo Alto San Francisco/Bay Area CA Reviews | GAYOT
- Best golf courses: Florida – South East
- Gladys Knight’s son gets prison over restaurant taxes – WBBJ TV
- You Searched for bitcoin price world coin index| bityard.com – International Alliance for Responsible Drinking
Mathematics at University of California – Los Angeles
The Mathematics major is part of the mathematics & statistics program at University of California – Los Angeles
We’ve pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We’ve also included details on how UCLA ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in math.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Mathematics Degrees Available at UCLA
UCLA Math Rankings
UCLA is in the top 10% of the country for math. More specifically it was ranked #43 out of 430 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #3 in California.
Popularity of Math at UCLA
During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of California – Los Angeles handed out 142 bachelor’s degrees in mathematics. Due to this, the school was ranked #15 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 1% over the previous year when 143 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 24 students received their master’s degree in math from UCLA. This makes it the #16 most popular school for math master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 24 students received their doctoral degrees in math in 2020, making the school the #4 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Math Graduates from UCLA Make?
Salary of Math Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree
The median salary of math students who receive their bachelor’s degree at UCLA is $51,000. This is higher than $42,600, which is the national median for all math bachelor’s degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Math Graduates from UCLA Have?
Student Debt of Math Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree
While getting their bachelor’s degree at UCLA, math students borrow a median amount of $16,104 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all math bachelor’s degree recipients across the country is $21,750.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor’s degree student from the math program at UCLA is $167 per month.
UCLA Math Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the math majors at University of California – Los Angeles.
UCLA Mathematics Bachelor’s Program
The math program at UCLA awarded 142 bachelor’s degrees in 2019-2020. About 70% of these degrees went to men with the other 30% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California – Los Angeles with a bachelor’s in math.
Ethnic BackgroundNumber of StudentsAsian31Black or African American0Hispanic or Latino14White28Non-Resident Aliens60Other Races9
UCLA Mathematics Master’s Program
Of the 24 students who graduated with a Master’s in math from UCLA in 2020, 92% were men and 8% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California – Los Angeles with a master’s in math.
Ethnic BackgroundNumber of StudentsAsian5Black or African American0Hispanic or Latino1White8Non-Resident Aliens5Other Races5
Most Popular Majors Related to Math
Related MajorAnnual GraduatesApplied Mathematics342Statistics284
View All Mathematics Related Majors >
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there.
Whether you need a bachelor’s degree to get into a career or want a master’s degree to move up in your current career,
SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs …
Learn More >