- What Kind of Low or No-Cost Coverage is Available in Arizona?
- Where To Play Golf Bluffton | Golf Courses in Bluffton SC | PGA Courses
- Paramedical Courses: List, After 12th, Eligibility, Fees, Top Colleges 2022
- Top 24 Los Angeles Golf Courses and Resorts
- From Virginia Beach to Smithfield to Williamsburg, here’s when and where to find Restaurant Week meal deals
This Whimsical Restaurant Is Made Entirely Out Of Ice
A seasonal resort located in the Arctic Circle, SnowVillage in Lapland opens mid-December each year (via Lapland Hotels). Built entirely from snow and ice, the frozen wonderland is an annual from-the-ground-up enterprise — an intricate, but temporary, ice sculpture usually open for just a few months before it melts back into the landscape.
A fantastical structure rising up in Finnish Lapland, SnowVillage is an icy compound of guest suites and common areas. Each year, the village brings to life a new theme out of ice and snow. According to Frommer’s, recent themes include “Game of Thrones” and Macro World. The latter concept featured a landscape of gigantic whimsy, with oversized sculptures of toy blocks and teddy bears designed to make visitors feel like Lilliputians in the world of “Gulliver’s Travels.” Of course, in addition to guest accommodations and fun winter activities, SnowVillage boasts a full-service restaurant and bar, also made of ice.