Ahoy Matey! Summer is finally here! Beautiful sunny days in New York City are all about rooftops, terraces and patios. During these hot summer months, take outdoor dining to the next level and make the most of the Manhattan Island experience with these unique spots for dinner on a river. Drinks, snacks, a full meal or even a cruise… So while you’re not beaching in the Hamptons, you can still enjoy the NYC waterfront with whatever rocks your boat!
5. Frying Pan – The ultimate NYC summer outdoor dive bar! This first NYC boat bar is city staple for casual waterfront drinks.No true twenty-something New Yorker has spent a summer without a drunken stunt at the Frying Pan.
4. North River Lobster Company – If you’re a true New Yorker, you’ll most likely avoid the 40s at all coast. A few exceptions apply, including this floating lobster shack with all-day free river cruises around the Hudson River.
3. The Brooklyn Barge – This casual Greenpoint restaurant & bar on a floating barge has the best Manhattan East River views, with a cool, relaxed vibe.
2. Pilot – Basically the Brooklyn Grand Banks. Pilot was opened in August 2017 by the same folks behind the popular Tribeca oyster-bar-on-a-boat. Only difference: this 140-feet, historical wooden racing schooner is docked on the East River in Brooklyn Bridge Park with majestic Downtown Manhattan views. This “East-Side” version also has a similar cocktail and seafood-based menu, but service is clearly still working out some kinks.
1. Grand Banks – This seasonal oyster bar docked in Hudson River Park’s Pier 25 has been the coolest NYC summer spot for years! Make sure you check out the full review!