The calculators below provide cost estimates through Fall 2022. An overview of Fall 2022 cost information is here.
The Calculators – Showing Estimates of Tuition & Mandatory Fee Costs
For Students Taking On-Campus Classes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
– registration is normally for courses with section numbers 001 to 599 or 700 to 799
– such courses are normally assigned to the main Carbondale or Springfield campuses
For Students Taking “Extended Campus” Classes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
– registration is normally for courses with section numbers 600 to 699 or 900 to 999
– such courses are normally assigned to locations away from the main Carbondale or Springfield campuses
Undergraduate and graduate students taking both On-Campus and Extended Campus courses in the same term will need to reference
both types of the above calculators, adding together the figures from each calculator to determine their tuition and mandatory fee costs.
Other Cost Information
– these students normally register for Extended Campus courses and are assessed that way (or, if they qualify, this way)
MBA Degree Students
– these students normally register for online courses having section numbers 840 to 849 and are assessed $854 per credit hour
of Medicine M.D. Students
– M.D. degree students registered in SMED courses, normally for 21 hours per term (10½ hours in Summer for
– M.D. degree student budgets are here
of Medicine DMSc Students
the Doctor of Medical Science is a new online degree program – starting Summer 2021 – for working physician assistants
– these students will be assessed tuition of $600 per credit hour for fiscal years 2021 and 2022, plus Extended Campus fees
of Medicine MEDPREP and Graduate Students
– students enrolled exclusively in the MEDPREP post-baccalaureate program are normally assessed at undergraduate rates
– MEDPREP students also enrolled in a graduate program at the same time are normally assessed
at graduate student rates
– M.S. or Ph.D. degree students are normally assessed at graduate student rates
– M.S.P.A. degree students are assessed graduate student
tuition plus a tuition surcharge as calculated here