What will I learn?
If you have a Shopify store, you probably want to sell your products. But before you can get people to buy your products, you need to attract those visitors to your online store. That’s where Yoast SEO comes in!
But what exactly does Yoast SEO do for your site? What are the things the app takes care of automatically? And what should you do yourself? In this course, you’ll learn how to use the Yoast SEO app for Shopify to its full potential, so your store can rank higher in the search results.
After this training course, you will know…
- what SEO entails and why you need it to drive more traffic to your store;
- how Yoast SEO can help you rank higher in the search results;
- how to set up the Yoast SEO app for your online store;
- how to gain control over what your pages look like in the search results;
- how to increase your chances of getting special-looking rich results;
- what to do to stand out on social media like Facebook and Twitter.
How is the course set up?
The course consists of three modules, in which we’ve packed all the knowledge you need to get started on your store’s SEO.
- Introduction to SEO and Yoast SEO for Shopify
In the first module, we’ll explore how search engines work and what SEO entails. Furthermore, we’ll show you what Yoast SEO can help you with, and what you should do yourself.
- Optimizing your content with Yoast SEO
Then, in the second module, we’ll focus on optimizing your content with the Yoast SEO app. We’ll discuss the focus keyphrase, the SEO analysis, the readability analysis, cornerstone content, and how you can influence what your pages look like in the search results and on social media.
- Optimizing technical aspects with Yoast SEO
The third module is a bit more technical. We’ll cover structured data, and how that helps you with getting special rich results. Also, we’ll show you how you can hide pages from search engines, and we’ll explain in which cases that’s necessary.